Jump to content
OGXbox.com

Help: Harmodded XBOX Error 13!!!


Joelma
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello Friends. I need some help: my Original Xbox 1.6 (has an aladdin modchip and 500GB SATA HD) used to work very well. Suddenly one day it started to show error 13. Now I realized that it only works when I connect the HD on the middle connector of the IDE cable and the DVD drive on the end connector (this way it works correctly). If I connect the normal way (DVD in the middle connector and HD in the end connector) it shows error 13. I am using the stock IDE cable and I tested other 40 wire IDE cable and the result is the same. Does anybody know why this is happening? Is this happening because I am not using a 80 wire IDE cable? But it used to work with this stock cable. Can somebody help me to understand this problem?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unusual problem - and unusual error code for a problem that can be solved just by swapping the cable position.

Is the HDD set to Cable Select, perhaps? Try swapping it to Master.

You're using a SATA HDD adapter so I'd be thinking something going wrong with that is the most likely culprit. But you should be using an 80 wire IDE cable with a SATA HDD/adapter and as that is the cheapest option I'd try replacing your existing IDE cable with one of those before spending more on a new SATA > IDE adapter.

It could be something else but without having the means to check the HDD or the DVD drive with known good replacements the best hope is what I've suggested.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

@HDShadow Hello. I solved the problem. Just by connecting the 80wire the error disappeared. So I concluded that the normal IDE cable was the cause. I just can't figure out was it worked with normal cable in the first place and suddenly stopped. But with the new 80 wire it is okay. Thank you for your help.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/16/2021 at 7:03 PM, Joelma said:

@HDShadow Hello. I solved the problem. Just by connecting the 80wire the error disappeared. So I concluded that the normal IDE cable was the cause. I just can't figure out was it worked with normal cable in the first place and suddenly stopped. But with the new 80 wire it is okay. Thank you for your help.

When you clone the current IDE hard drive to a new SATA hard drive/adapter combo, the IDE bus speed was set by the DVD and original hard drive which works with the stock IDE cable.  However, once you switch to the SATA HDD/adapter and DVD drive, the IDE bus speed increased to a rate the stock 40-wire 40-pin cable cannot handle without data transfer errors.  Swap out the stock IDE cble for an 80-wire 40-pin high-speed IDE cable and the problem goes away.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.