OGXbox.com

XPlorer360 transfer to USB

Lexieye

Hello please help (loosing my mind)

I can’t copy the files from PC to USB.
I know the USB works 
I have copied SaveGame files from XBOX to USB / deleted XBOX save and copied SG from USB to XBOX
It’s XPLORER360 & FATXplorer can’t do it!
I can manually copy every file 1by1 and CREATE FOLDERS but not rename the folders (even with F2)

it seems the problem is on the PC side  not being able to write to the USB or even see the official save game on it

3 minutes ago, Lexieye said:

Hello please help (loosing my mind)

I can’t copy the files from PC to USB.
I know the USB works 
I have copied SaveGame files from XBOX to USB / deleted XBOX save and copied SG from USB to XBOX
It’s XPLORER360 & FATXplorer can’t do it!
I can manually copy every file 1by1 and CREATE FOLDERS but not rename the folders (even with F2)

it seems the problem is on the PC side  not being able to write to the USB or even see the official save game on it

USB

SOFTMOD

SOFT MOD

SPLINTER CELL

It's sounding like the USB has not been formatted correctly, The USB dives I have here for the Xbox work with Fatxploer even the PSP in USB mode works with Fatplorer.

The other way is to use a modded Xbox to copy the files to your USB/Memory card, FTP the files to the modded Xbox then use the MS game save manager to copy he file to your memory card/USB

Try using the smallest USB you can get (2gig or less) or you can use a Sony PSP in USB mode, I have heard really old Apple iPod and a rooted Android phone also work

By now you could have Hard Modded it by fitting a chip.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 3 months later...

I would have to agree with SS_Dave. Wrong format on the USB. Try going to the original xbox dashboard, select "Memory", insert your USB, and if the USB doesnt show up then its likely the USB is incompatible....but, if you plug it in and it asks you to format your USB, then you know for sure that your thumb drive is compatible....it should ask if you want to format the drive and select yes. Now when you plug that USB into your Windows PC it will say it cant read the thumbdrive and asks you to format MAKE SURE YOU SAY NO. At this point I would launch XPLORER 360. The Xbox is really picky about what types of USB thumbdrives it will support. The ones that are compatible typically are no bigger than 4Gb. If its helpful for you, ill give you an exact model that will work. Hope it helps. 

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

• 7 months later...

This topic rates high when searching for a fix, so if someone is still looking after having tried the other solutions, I just had this problem on my Win10 and Win7 and am going to post it here for future reference.

Contrary to all the tutorials I was following, DO NOT click 'Run as administrator' on xplorer360, just double click it like any old thing and it should transfer folders fine afterwards. I don't why this is happening, but I confirmed it on both my laptop and PC and two different flash drives.

Go figure.

I agree no need to use run as admin to get Xplorer360 to work.

The 'trick' I've found with Xplorer360 is that using menu copying/move is, or can be, problematic. By far the most reliable way of getting files from PC to flash drive when using that program is the good old fashioned drag and drop method.

The renaming folders problem also mentioned I'm not sure I fully understand the OP's method ie. exactly what he was doing but what I've found with Xplorer360 is that whilst you can create a "New Folder" using it on the flash drive it will not let you rename it.

You have to do that on PC then drag and drop it into Xplorer360.

Much of this hassle can now be avoided, as others have said, by using the far better FATXplorer instead.