OGXbox.com

What kind of modchip is this?

yoyixms

6 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

It's an X-Bit and sadly just flashable with an very old PC (98/2k/XP). And it's very picky with the USB controller.

Here is a alink with all tools and infos i have gathered so far  https://1fichier.com/?7om6uwao10pqhfhd8rff (the download beginns right away when you klick the link (Hotlink)).

Would it work using a virtual machine with windows 98?

Sadly, no it didn't work in a VM. Some of us here have tried it but no luck and I have tried it on an Laptop with WinXP as well but didn't had any luck either. One user got it to work with an Dell Dimension 3000.  So if you can get hands on an old pc (Maybe a frind has one or in an internet coffee (in case you has one in your city)) you could flash it with all the latest bioses and you would have a nice chip then.  But to get to this point it's an odyssey. ;)

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Sadly, no it didn't work in a VM. Some of us here have tried it but no luck and I have tried it on an Laptop with WinXP as well but didn't had any luck either. One user got it to work with an Dell Dimension 3000.  So if you can get hands on an old pc (Maybe a frind has one or in an internet coffee (in case you has one in your city)) you could flash it with all the latest bioses and you would have a nice chip then.  But to get to this point it's an odyssey. ;)

I think a friend of mine still has a winXP. hopefully it works.  I started playing with a VM and at least, seems to be connecting  and (slowly) reading. But no idea whether that means its working or not.  Or maybe Ive got lucky and its running? 😮

grafik.png.e3ba542a18944a35ada54cc4b9b309f6.png

what bios(es) would you recommend me to install if i get it somehow to work?

Yes the software will load, thats not the problem. But you cant set the layout for the chip, erase or flash him. Go try it and you will, nothing will happen.

Which bioses depends on which xbox you have. I would choose layout no.6 and then ...

1. evox m8+ nodvd fg (256kb)
  2. evox m8+ nodvd fg (256kb) (Same as above as backup in case bank 1 become currupt)
  3. evox m8+ nodvd fg v1.6 (256kb) for an XBox v1.6 (Just to have one, if needed)
  4. Ind 5003.67 or Ind 5004.67 (256kb)
  5. Xecuter x2 5035 (512kb)
  6. Xecuter x2 5035 v16plus for an XBox v1.6

So you would have 2 bioses for an XBox 1.6 (Xecuter x2 5035 v16plus and evox m8+ nodvd fg v1.6) and 3+1 for an XBox 1.0-1.4.

13 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Yes the software will load, thats not the problem. But you cant set the layout for the chip, erase or flash him. Go try it and you will, nothing will happen.

Which bioses depends on which xbox you have. I would choose layout no.6 and then ...

2. evox m8+ nodvd fg (256kb) (Same as above as backup in case bank 1 become currupt)
  3. evox m8+ nodvd fg v1.6 (256kb) for an XBox v1.6 (Just to have one, if needed)

So you would have 2 bioses for an XBox 1.6 (Xecuter x2 5035 v16plus and evox m8+ nodvd fg v1.6) and 3+1 for an XBox 1.0-1.4.

maybe i just killed it... it was still reading and i disconnected the usb cable. now the LED does not turn on anymore....

Naa, the chip isn't dead. I told you VMware didn't work and all other VirtualPC ect. pp. didn't work either. When you disconnect and reboot and maybe change the usb port the chip should light up again. Had that 20 times or more... Can't tell for sure anymore. I gave up on that chip.

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

I mean, i gave up too for now so I wanted to reassembly the xbox (the console had the usb port inside of the console, not outside as the pictures). the LED of the modchip does not turn on, and the console boots and shows error 16...

22 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Naa, the chip isn't dead. I told you VMware didn't work and all other VirtualPC ect. pp. didn't work either. When you disconnect and reboot and maybe change the usb port the chip should light up again. Had that 20 times or more... Can't tell for sure anymore. I gave up on that chip.

Edited by yoyixms

Check the Pogo pins maybe there isn't a good contact and don't forget the washer.

About the error 16: Internal clock cannot be set.

Cause/Solution: This happens when the Xbox tries to boot to the stock dashboard in order to have you set the current date/time. but fails to load the menu. This happens if you:

• Just replaced the HDD and are missing your clock capacitor or left your Xbox unplugged for a few hours.

• Erased the Microsoft dashboard files (which contain the clock setting) and are missing your clock capacitor or left your Xbox unplugged for a few hours.

• Have a revision 1.6 Xbox and an old (before 2004) BIOS installed without a clock loop patch and are missing your clock capacitor.

To fix this, first try plugging in an Ethernet cable to connect your Xbox to your router. In some cases, the Xbox will update it's system clock via NTP. If that fails, try starting the Xbox with the Eject button instead of the power button in case it has a dual-boot configuration. If that fails and you have a modchip installed, boot into AID or Slayers and try installing the stock dashboard back on your HDD's C:\ partition. You can also hotswap your HDD with another Xbox to reinstall the Microsoft dashboard. After the Xbox boots up and is able to set the clock successfully, update your BIOS or softmod to a more recent version to avoid this in the future.

16 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Ok so I left the console alone for a while and now the modchip LED turns on again. However, the console tries to boot 3 times, and then comes the Frag. If I disable the modchip using the fourth dip switch, the console boots normally (but cannot be used because of the error 6. Also the HDD seems to be unlocked so I don't think I would boot on stock bios anyway, right?). The HDD is fine, I tried it in a different console. The cables seem to be fine too. So everything leads me to believe that the modchip is causing the issue... 

You are right, seems that there is no bios on it. Check the files i gave you. There is a picture how to set the dip switches for the varius bios files. Try all banks and see if any works. If not, you need an old pc to bring back this chip to life. And you could use a other chip for the box (if you have one on hand) to fix the unlocked drive and in the same run put softmod files on so you can softmod it till you have a different chip or the the xbit with working bioses.

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

On 12/10/2020 at 11:26 AM, yoyixms said:

Hi, 

It is modded and has this chip. Does anyone know what it is? Is it good, bad? 

Thanks!

After reading this I would say a broken one.

It would be quicker and easier to fit a new modchip as you can just plug it on the old pin header and connect the D0.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

13 hours ago, yoyixms said:

I will go to visit some friends in the next days who have old PCs. if it does not work, I will just get a new modchip.  I do not need to take the whole console with me, just the chip right?

I am not 100% sure but I would suspect it will need the 3.3 volt supply from the Xbox

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

grafik.png.4f4cdbab355da9b444e74d3cafa4b9d6.png

Seems to be working on windows xp! :)

On 12/10/2020 at 7:00 PM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

where can I get the two 1.6 bioses? I flashed the others and the verification passed