damanloox

Controller Status In Assembly

Can you expand on your reasoning a bit? Are you wanting to get device packets during arbitrary execution? Are you avoiding kernel calls?

The Xbox doesn't store controller states in memory, you must request and poll peripheral states every time you want to check (SMBus->MCPX (southbridge)->USB hub (controller ports 0-4)->controller (also a USB hub)->port 0). If you want to utilize kernel driver calls and you're not compiling against the XTL then you're going to need to lookup the function addresses and the lookup must be dynamic every time because of the differing kernel versions on the Xbox. If you want to avoid the kernel then you can check how the devs that wrote the cromwell BIOS managed talking to the southbridge/USB host controller/USB devices (fairly certain they wrote multiple drivers)

This is bare minimum to fetch controller states with the kernel

Please login or register to see this code.

No one is going to be able to give you some quick code to poll controller state because it's not a simple thing to do

Edited by feudalnate

No one is going to be able to give you some quick code to poll controller state because it's not a simple thing to do

That's what I was afraid of ;)

Thanks. I wanted to see if there's an "easy" way of including controller status in bios "patcher" (one that enables xiso) to allow startup of different dashboards (based on button pressed). I know there are applications for that - just wanted to avoid long chains of applications being started. I'll have a look at cromwell sources but I have a feeling it's not going to be.. worth it ;)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By bulkchart32
      xbox controllers are made in an annoying way so that the buttons are not easily fixed when the they stop registering. i don't know the terms here so i'm going to describe what i'm trying ask as best possible. i'm also really tired and my brain is about half asleep. anyway, the pcb has something similar to black tape with the little black pads under it instead of having the black pads on the rubber thing itself(the rubber piece that goes under the buttons). so it is very difficult to replace that tape thing when buttons presses stop registering. has anyone made a modified rubber thing with the black pads made onto it so the black tape can be peeled off and thrown away?
    • By sh0rtlife
      ok i need a lil advice, thanks to dave ive got my ole rig up and running, everything works like a champ save for bank1..which doesnt seem to really matter

anyway everytime  i put the top case on..error 13....so im figureing its the cable, the adator or the power, but, how does one trouble shoot it. ive now cut down the y splitter that came with the adapt board now its nice and neat lil 1inch 4pin molex to mini 4pin, ive went thru and "tweaked" the stock box connector pins for a little tighter connection, so im fairly certain its not a power cabling issue..in fact my adapt cable is soldered , the ribbon cable is as new as the adapter..a month maybe less
      no top boots fine every time, if i start fiddling with it it may or may not boot, im leaning tward it being a cable issue
    • By C64MidRezzie
      Can I swap a cable from an official S controller and a Duke.  I can solder so was thinking I could open my Duke as the lead is snagged - still working perfectly.  I was planning on cutting the wire just inside both controllers and then soldering the non frayed wires from the 'S' to the Duke.  Has anyone tried this?  Should I just leave well enough alone?  Thanks

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.