OGXbox.com

Internal OgX360 Installation (With Relays)

TEK Nemesis

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=317852276104662&id=100036396753085

Hello fellow Xbox enthusiasts!  I had some spare time this week and thought I'd pump out some PCBs to assist with the internal OGX360 installation that uses RELAYS.  (The ogx360 was designed by Ryan Wendland and it allows you to use modern wireless controllers with the original Xbox.  It's something that I really can't live without these days.  lol.)

You can certainly install the ogx360 without relays.  In fact, Ryan designed a very nice (and tiny) USB Breakout Board for them and I've got all the custom cables for it. 

But, every once in a while I get a customer who would prefer to use relays for their internal ogx360 installation.  (When you use a relay, a wired controller will automatically disconnect the ogx360.  You unplug the controller and then it switches back to the ogx360.  It's pretty neat and really good if you have kids or are frequently switching between a wired and wireless controller.) 

Tony Kuberka broke ground on using the relays and he made some really nice diagrams.  The diagrams are great but are a little intimidating for the average modder because there are lots of wires to splice and you can really mess things up if you don't know what you're doing. 

Though I certainly don't mind splicing and wiring up things inside my Xboxes, I thought I'd make it easier for people to take advantage of the internal ogx360 installation using relays.  I designed two different versions.  The first uses only one PCB and the second uses two PCBs.  You can checkout my Facebook page for the pictures. 

Once I receive the PCBs from the manufacturer and I've tested everything then I'll make another post. 

If you've wired up your own ogx360 with relays, I'd love to hear about it here.  Cheers!

@Ryzee119 @Anarchy42085

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I received some stock and I tested my internal Relay Board v1 (which is 100% compatible with the standard OGX360 by Ryan Wendland).  I'm pretty happy with the results and I'm excited to see where things go in future PCB design.

OGXBOX.com Facebook group post: 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ogxbox/permalink/2761570890780316/

• Like 1

• 1 year later...