OGXbox.com

Lcd Display Marks Degrees Wrong

sayon

Good morning guys,
i bought a ryzee119 OpenXenium chip and installed it on my xbox 1.4.
Everything perfect ... I bought the spi2par2019 kit and the LCD display and after I installed it it has the problem that it marks the degrees with the abbreviation aC and not as it should (° C).
Has it happened to any of you?
Do you have a solution?

photo_2020-07-29_17-16-44.jpg

Hello,
yes I have already done what you suggested, I programmed Arduino as explained on the official page of Ryzee119's github.
In fact it is for this reason that I do not explain this inconvenience.
If it were a bug on ghitub it would explain it ... instead it says nothing.
As components I used these:

Screenshot_4.png

20191018_212415.thumb.jpg.52183b5570f761c69a7caf5e1158f17d.jpg

photo_2020-05-13_15-27-26.jpg

19 hours ago, sayon said:

Good morning guys,
i bought a ryzee119 OpenXenium chip and installed it on my xbox 1.4.
Everything perfect ... I bought the spi2par2019 kit and the LCD display and after I installed it it has the problem that it marks the degrees with the abbreviation aC and not as it should (° C).
Has it happened to any of you?
Do you have a solution?

photo_2020-07-29_17-16-44.jpg

Looks like this LCD display's character set may be different displaying the lowercase Greek letter alpha (ɑ) instead of the degree symbol.

What's the model number of the LCD display?

Check this following lines of code in the Arduino sketch - spi2par2019.ino:

408 #ifdef USE_FAHRENHEIT
409        snprintf(lineBuffer, sizeof lineBuffer, "CPU:%3u%cF M/B:%3u%cF ", (uint8_t)((float)rxBuffer[0] * 1.8 + 32.0), (char)223,
410                 (uint8_t)((float)rxBuffer[1] * 1.8 + 32.0), (char)223);
411 #else
412        snprintf(lineBuffer, sizeof lineBuffer, "CPU:%3u%cC M/B:%3u%cC ", rxBuffer[0], (char)223, rxBuffer[1], (char)223);
413 #endif

The (char)223 character for the display you have connected displays the lowercase Greek letter alpha instead of the degree symbol. You'd need to check the spec sheet for the particular LCD display to see which value should be used to get the correct symbol displayed. Edit the correct value, recompile the sketch then write/load it onto the Arduino.

44 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Looks like this LCD display's character set may be different displaying the lowercase Greek letter alpha (ɑ) instead of the degree symbol.

What's the model number of the LCD display?

Check this following lines of code in the Arduino sketch - spi2par2019.ino:

408 #ifdef USE_FAHRENHEIT
409        snprintf(lineBuffer, sizeof lineBuffer, "CPU:%3u%cF M/B:%3u%cF ", (uint8_t)((float)rxBuffer[0] * 1.8 + 32.0), (char)223,
410                 (uint8_t)((float)rxBuffer[1] * 1.8 + 32.0), (char)223);
411 #else
412        snprintf(lineBuffer, sizeof lineBuffer, "CPU:%3u%cC M/B:%3u%cC ", rxBuffer[0], (char)223, rxBuffer[1], (char)223);
413 #endif

The (char)223 character for the display you have connected displays the lowercase Greek letter alpha instead of the degree symbol. You'd need to check the spec sheet for the particular LCD display to see which value should be used to get the correct symbol displayed. Edit the correct value, recompile the sketch then write/load it onto the Arduino.

Thanks, I'll try to do what you said too.
Then I'll let you know if I'm solved.