OGXbox.com

Hdd Locked Formatted

Yanimo

• 9 months later...
On 7/29/2020 at 8:14 PM, Ging3rguy said:

If you didn’t use a hdd key to lock it try using master password XBOXSCENE or TEAMASSEMBLY

On 7/29/2020 at 2:39 PM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Not to sure but worth a try. Put the old HDD back in the XBOX and boot Hexen or Slayer and try to unlock the HDD with ConfigMagic.

I will try that later. thank you

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By alcatraz68
      I have an old Xbox that has an Xecuter 2 chip installed, it still has the stock HDD so i'd like to upgrade it to a 500GB SATA. Weirdly I cannot physically see any chip soldered to the board, I can see some yellow wires going out the front of the console so i'm not sure if this is where the chip is located? (see pic).
      In any case I have downloaded the HeXen 2018 installation disc, and I have the necessary parts required to convert from IDE to SATA. Is this disc capable of setting up a HDD with this chip? I took a couple of pics showing my kernel and the fact my current HDD is locked:

• By acidrs
      Hello,
      So while softmodding my V1.0 Xbox i managed to fry the original HDD. I was lucky enough to be able to get the Eeprom from the old hdd before it fried but i haven't bee able to find a guide on how to build a new drive. 
      I had originally bought an 80 wire IDE and startech IDE to SATA adapter and have a 2tb hdd ready to use. 
      Can anyone guide me on what i need to do to create a new Hdd? 
    • By MadMartigan
      So I got a soft modded console with Maxtor 40GB IDE drive, listed as working. Got it, plugged it in, browsed around for maybe 5 mins and then it just crashed. The board is now dead and the HDD is locked. Being locked I know my options are already limited. I basically just want to format it completely and rebuild it for use on another machine. Here’s where I run into the major issue. 

I first tried my OpenXenium Xbox to try and unlock the drive. No luck  it won’t let format or any of the options available. I just get an error saying it couldn’t complete it yada yada yada. I was however able to sign into the drive with FTP and it’s completely empty. 
      Hexen won’t boot since I can only get as far an error 9 with a locked drive. 
      PC does not recognize the drive at all when plugged in via IDE to USB adapter. FYI, It does have a power source running. 

Where can I go from here? I hate to throw away a 40GB drive if it’s salvageable. If it’s dead, then so be it. 

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.