Sign in to follow this  

If you look in the C Xbox Tool folder contents there's a lang.clf (CLF I assume means Custom Language File) in my version of C Xbox Toll v2.0.7 the only alternative language provided by this is Turkish.

The file can be opened in Wordpad or other similar programs and can be edited apparently. The file shows the C Xbox Tool menu names in English and their Turkish equivalent eg. (direct copy of the first six lines of the Turkish CLF):-

[Turkce]
Add=Ekle
Edit=Degistir
Start=Baslat
ISO Extraction=ISO Acmak
Extract to=Klasore ac...

etc etc

So I guess you just copy what's there and replace it all with the Russian equivalent. Then either substitute that in or add it to the existing lang.clf.

Problem is there is a lot to do; several hundred entries to change.

If you look under Option > Preferences you'll see it actually language support for Danish, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Swedish, Italian, Portuguese, Norwegian and Finnish.The language support for those must be embedded in the EXE so the fact that Turkish has been added in a CLF should mean any other language can be added as well or instead of Turkish.

You just have to do the translation work yourself.     

Edited by HDShadow
  • Like 1

If you do it you could share the edited file here.

I have no use for a Russian language option but it would be interesting to add a good translation to an app like this. I'm sure there must be Russian speaking Xbox users out there who'd greatly appreciate the work too if you're willing and capable of doing it.

There could be problems I had not considered though - the font used by C Xbox Tools might not support Cyrilic characters. There are font files in the Media folder but they're XPR and apart from the fact I have no idea if these are the ones actually used by C Xbox Tool for the menus you may have to look into substituting in a font that does have Cyrillic character support.

That would involve using Xbox FontMaker and I'm not sure where you'd find that now.

The dot CLF file has strings for many languages in it:

• Turkce
  • Nederlands
  • Deutsch
  • Dansk
  • Français
  • Italiano
  • Svenska
  • Norsk
  • Suomi
  • Espanol
  • Português

but, how the program finds the offset to the location of each language's strings in the file has yet to be determined.

Would someone be able to direct me to this file? Im trying to find it, but for some reason all the links on the internet that I can find are dead?

Many thanks in advance

If you just mean the C Xbox Tool see this thread where you've asked the same question.

Unless you are talking abut the Russian translation, which I do not think anyone has done yet, you did not need to ask here about where to get C Xbox Tool in two separate threads.

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by HDShadow