FerociousOG

HeXEn: Unable To Flash Bios. Error Reading Bios File.

Unable to flash BIOS. Error reading bios file (see pic). To me it sounds like I have a bad DVD burn? Just wanted to confirm. I did burn at the slowest write speed. Will re-burn again.

-v1.1 mobo
-XeXEn 2018
-Using Verbatium DVD+R media
-Attempting to flash iND-BIOS.5004 (F and G) to use 2TB SATA HDD.

Hexen.jpg.5d964bc7d5b11dbbf8bd86c272a7b894.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Edited by FerociousOG

Try the X2-5035.67 that will also work with a 2tb hard drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

also the Hexen disk has been updated to 2020 now.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

-Thanks for the quick reply. Will search for the HeXEn 2020.

-Q: I noticed that the X2-5035 uses the 512kb BIOS, any advantage to the 256kb BIOS flash?

You have a 1024kb(1meg ) chip so why not use it.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

Have a look here

Please login or register to see this link.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 2

Q: In the TruHeXEn2020 any reason to use X2.5035 F and G Force480p or just stick with the X2.5035 F and G?

Thanks!

TruHeXEn2020.jpg.63d2558983f6ff9ce77ea0181679550c.jpg

Edited by FerociousOG

Stick with the F and G version

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

-That went well. Seems like I had a bad DVD burn previously. Now is there anything else I need to do (eg. Unlock HDD)?

Never mind, was hesitant to unlock the HDD due to a warning if softmodded and if HDD is unlock your xbox won't boot.

Thanks for all the help!

Edited by FerociousOG

3 hours ago, FerociousOG said:

-That went well. Seems like I had a bad DVD burn previously. Now is there anything else I need to do (eg. Unlock HDD)?

Never mind, was hesitant to unlock the HDD due to a warning if softmodded and if HDD is unlock your xbox won't boot.

Thanks for all the help!

With the TSOP flashed the Xbox will boot a install disk with a unlocked hard drive. It's only a softmod that need the hard drive locked and I think on the TruHeXEn 2020 disk there is a softmod remove option and if it's not on the TruHeXEn disk then it's on the Rocky5's disks.

I run all my Xboxes with unlocked hard drives ranging from a stock 10gig to 2tb drives.

With a unlocked hard drive you can easily clone a HDD for a 2nd xbox that has a chip/TSOP mod.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FerociousOG said:

Q: Whats the advantage of removing softmod since I'm TSOP?

Thanks

Found my answer Please login or register to see this link.