Sign in to follow this  
Enemy Ai

Hdd Issue

Hi all,

I have an X3 with a 1TB inside. I formatted and prepped it with the SLayers Hybrid installer.

I am getting errors while trying to delete from it, write to it. Certainly the F and G partitions. Ive tried to format it with Xbox Partitioner 1.3 and that shows drive G as "ER" instead of 64 (Clusters). The split is roughly 130G and 880G. It seems just be cartain sections of the disc that are effected, as I have just copied over 30GB no problem.

ANy ideas on how to proceed?

Repartition the drive with XPartioner v1.3.   Decrease the size of the G partition by 1MB then increase it to the original size.  XBP doesn't always format the drive. And, you have to run the program again to get it to work. Any data written to the extended partitions will be wiped out. :(

Slayer's, HeXEn and other installer disks that use Evox or UnleashX to format the extended partitions on hard drives that required 32KB or 64KB clusters cannot do it.  I believe these replacement dashboards only support 16KB clusters; therefore, a partition's maximum size that will work properly is 256GBs.  If a partition is larger than that, you will see ER next to the partition's size in XBPartitioner.

Drives with extended partitions larger than 256GBs have to be formatted with XBPartitioner v1.3. (well not exactly, Chimp 261812 can properly allocate the space too when cloning the Xbox hard drive.)

Sometimes I find that I have to format newly resized partitions twice to get them to show up and work properly. I set the partitions up with XBPartitioner but still find that the partitions are marked with zero size in UnleashX. Use UnleashX to format such partitions, and then go into XBPartitioner again. To get XBPartitioner to give the option to reformat partitions marked ERR press the white button on your controller until "format current partition" is displayed rather than "write partition table" and then press start. Then the partitions should work properly in all dashboards.

Edited by samspin

On 5/23/2020 at 2:52 PM, KaosEngineer said:

Repartition the drive with XPartioner v1.3.   Decrease the size of the G partition by 1MB then increase it to the original size.  XBP doesn't always format the drive. And, you have to run the program again to get it to work. Any data written to the extended partitions will be wiped out. :(

Slayer's, HeXEn and other installer disks that use Evox or UnleashX to format the extended partitions on hard drives that required 32KB or 64KB clusters cannot do it.  I believe these replacement dashboards only support 16KB clusters; therefore, a partition's maximum size that will work properly is 256GBs.  If a partition is larger than that, you will see ER next to the partition's size in XBPartitioner.

Drives with extended partitions larger than 256GBs have to be formatted with XBPartitioner v1.3. (well not exactly, Chimp 261812 can properly allocate the space too when cloning the Xbox hard drive.)

Reducing the size worked. It is now all correclty addressed.

Thanks