X3 2914 (1.0-1.5) Bios Mod To Boot On All Chips

I made a modded version (details soon) of the Xecuter 3 bios to theoretically boot on all chips (it was tested on a 1.0/1.1 TSOP, SmartXX and Xenium chip). It is 1024k bios so you can't flash it on a 1.2-1.4 tsop. (Config Live won't work because most if not all except x3 chips don't have a dedicated EEPRom)

Warning: This modded version hasn't been tested on every modchip so don't try to flash it, if you have no way to recover as it might could brick your chip.

Download: https://goo.gl/bJy9g1 

Thanks to xbox7887 for testing it on his Xenium Box and 1.0/1.1 TSOP.

(Basically just a repost from my Reddit post)  

• Thanks 1
  • 1 year later...
On 11/13/2017 at 8:45 AM, DarkGabbz said:

I made a modded version (details soon) of the Xecuter 3 bios to theoretically boot on all chips (it was tested on a 1.0/1.1 TSOP, SmartXX and Xenium chip). It is 1024k bios so you can't flash it on a 1.2-1.4 tsop. (Config Live won't work because most if not all except x3 chips don't have a dedicated EEPRom)

Warning: This modded version hasn't been tested on every modchip so don't try to flash it, if you have no way to recover as it might could brick your chip.

Download: https://goo.gl/bJy9g1 

Thanks to xbox7887 for testing it on his Xenium Box and 1.0/1.1 TSOP.

(Basically just a repost from my Reddit post)  

I'm curious, what programs, if any, did you use to modify the bios? Honestly, I'd like to dive in myself and take a look at some of the stuff in it.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Mattk71
      Hi all,
      Been using my OGXbox ever since I bought it in 2003ish, currently used for CoinOps mostly, getting my little lad in to playing some old arcade stuff.
      Never modded myself, purely a user.
    • By MadModders
      Getting backing to this after many years. willing to help if i can 
    • By Difio
      Hi, I'm having a really strange issue with some OpenXenium I've built that is driving me crazy. Basically, after flashing XeniumOS with Xenium Tool and hotswap method, on the first boot the modchip works fine: XeniumOS is loaded, I can flash other bios (and I can boot them!), so everything works as intended. However, if I reboot the Xbox the chip doesn't work anymore and the console FRAG. If I reflash XeniumOS it works again at first boot, but - as before - when rebooting xbox everything I get is a FRAG.
      I tried turning on with eject button or recovery switch, but nothing change. I tried different dump of XeniumOS and used also the official release of 2.3.1 XeniumOS. It simply acts as a modchip without any bios. It's really something strange because this is happening with all of the five chips I've assembled, with exactly the same behaviour. Thinking of a bad batch of Xilinx or flash I bought another set, but even with them I've the same issue. I really can't understand what's going on. It's like the flash get corrupted after every first boot of XeniumOS.

The Xbox boots without any issues with Aladdin Xblast (which I use to do the hotswap method), so I don't think it's something related to the console. I've upgraded RAM to 128MB, but I don't think it's a problem for openxenium. I program the CPLD with a DIY Xilinx Parallel programmer and Impact (using .jed or .svf) without any error and CPLD works fine, it's recognised by xenium tools, I can change the colour of the LED etc.
      Any suggestions? I've searched on the internet, but could not find anything useful. Thanks 

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.