Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Relooc

Aladdin Advance (Help On Best Bios)

Recommended Posts

I have this chip on my xbox, works great.

However i am unable to "see" all the space on my HDD (F Drive)

What bios should i install on it ? And please someone guide me on the procedure?

Thanks

 

 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't have to be BIOS that is causing your problem with seeing/using the space on your F:\ drive.

What main dash? UnleashX, EvoX, XBMC?

What size HDD are we talking about? SATA or IDE?

Xbox MB version ie. v1.0 - v1.6b?

Have you used XBpartitioner v1.3 to view the partitions/ Any ER message against F:\ suggests it might not have been correctly formatted.

If using an UnleashX dash is F:\ enabled in the system settings? Could be as simple as that. Just shutdown and restart afterwards.

I don't know the Aladdin chip so can't advise on specific size but if the BIOS is wanted to be changed then any of the appropriate Evox M8+ series with 137+ support is all you need unless you're desperate to customise your boot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HDShadow said:

Doesn't have to be BIOS that is causing your problem with seeing/using the space on your F:\ drive.

What main dash? UnleashX, EvoX, XBMC?

What size HDD are we talking about? SATA or IDE?

Xbox MB version ie. v1.0 - v1.6b?

Have you used XBpartitioner v1.3 to view the partitions/ Any ER message against F:\ suggests it might not have been correctly formatted.

If using an UnleashX dash is F:\ enabled in the system settings? Could be as simple as that. Just shutdown and restart afterwards.

I don't know the Aladdin chip so can't advise on specific size but if the BIOS is wanted to be changed then any of the appropriate Evox M8+ series with 137+ support is all you need unless you're desperate to customise your boot.

 

Hi thanks for the reply.

I can see the F: drive fine, Hexen shows it fine, UnleashX show as 123 (or about) size.

Your questions:

What main dash? UnleashX

What size HDD are we talking about? 320 GB IDE

Xbox MB version ie. i think 1.3 (manufactured in 2003)

Have you used XBpartitioner v1.3 , yes, funny enough i do not see F: there. However i am using it fine.

If using an UnleashX dash is F:\ enabled in the system settings? -> Have to check that option, but it shows F: in the main title screen.

 

"unless you're desperate to customize your boot." Disable DVD detect would be great :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll have to ask someone else about the BIOS if you want to skip the DVD check. I think the iND-BIOS allow you to do it but don't quote me on that.

XBpartitioner v1.3 is not showing any F:\ drive ie. no partition 6 at all under Extended Partitions? Even if UnleashX was set to disable F:\ XBPartitioner v1.3 will still display all available partitions.

The F:\ free space on the UnleashX start screen shows what exactly? 123GB? If it is showing 0 then it is probably not enabled. Its under the UnleashX > System > Settings > Storage options. If it is showing either free space or volume of any sort (depends on skin) then it is not that.

In which case you could be correct that the BIOS, whatever it is, does support LBA48 and can't see partitions bigger that 137GB.

It is not always helpful but do you have the Xbox app: BIOSChecker? If the BIOS is modified it will probably report it as unknown but you might get lucky. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Relooc said:

I have this chip on my xbox, works great.

However i am unable to "see" all the space on my HDD (F Drive)

What bios should i install on it ? And please someone guide me on the procedure?

Thanks

Which BIOS / Kernel version does it currently have flashed to it?

which dashboard starts when you power on the console?

Update: Okay UnleashX replacement dashboard.

HeXEn start's it's own BIOS that supports the larger hard drives than 137GB which after formatting leaves ~123GBs for F with an older BIOS/Kernel version without LBA48 support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Relooc said:

Have you used XBpartitioner v1.3 , yes, funny enough i do not see F: there. However i am using it fine.

F is the first extended partition, number 6 in the list on the main page.

85044186_XBPartitionerv1.3PartitionList.jpg.025cb07d73e1f1cf4c36ff5bc2463bde.jpg

When you run XBpartitioner v1.3, do you first get an error message screen stating that LBA48 support is not found in your BIOS?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HDShadow said:

In which case you could be correct that the BIOS, whatever it is, does support LBA48 and can't see partitions bigger that 137GB.

That, of course, should have read "......, does not support LBA48...............".

From the sound of it relooc has now fixed the problem with the missing space etc by re-flashing with an iND-BIOS of some sort. A bold move but if it worked then that is all that matters.  

Edited by HDShadow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By bulkchart32
      i've had issue with filezilla so what's a better one?
    • By bulkchart32
      i'm not a fan of the "unleashx" dashboard. what are your recommendations?
    • By Rochdaleguy
      Hi all.
      Came across my old original modded Xbox in loft the other day and had a play and realised I’d missed it.
      Decided to get back into the scene and do some updates on it. Increase hard drive from 160gb to 2tb and a few other bits and pieces..
      i have the old Aladdin Advanced mod chip which boots to evox on long power press and stock on short. Now as Xbox live is no longer a thing on original Xbox, I’ve no further need to keep booting to stock as default.
      Whats the best way to alter it to have it boot with the chip active all the time? Or is there still a benefit to dual boot? If so can I switch the long and short presses around?
      Been a long long time since I messed with these things.
       
      All help appreciated.
      Please login or register to see this attachment.

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.