bandak

Freeze Screen When Playing Dvd

I have a TSOP modded Xbox (PAL) on which I want to view Region 1 DVDs. The console itself is region free and everything seems to be going fine until about 5-10 mins into the DVD, when the picture suddenly freezes and the console crashes for seemingly no reason at all. I have the video settings on NTSC M (when playing the DVD in PAL mode the picture stutter). Anyone familiar with this problem?

Hello, Can you check if all capacitors are ok. And tell us which version of Xbox you have.

You Can also check with a tester if you have a good 5v output thé psu.

You Can send us a photo.

Bye

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By JaKSLaP
      Hey Guys;

My DVD drive in my 1.5 xbox opens and closes no problem, but when i put a disc in to try and load i hear a loud grinding noise and the disc does not load. Does anyone know what i will need to do to repair this?
    • By nabilrezki
      Hi guys, i just bought a softmoded xbox with a 250gb HDD in it, works well but it's a PAL Xbox, wich mean that i don't have HD options, and it's just unwatchable on my 4k Sony TV, who by the way doesn't have component ports, only RCA and HDMI, i'm stuck with the unfindable and expensive HD LINK by Pound, but lucky me, i found a similar cable converter on Amazon for 25€, even with bad reviews i have no choices but to order it and test it.
      So i solder the points for the TSOP, and also removed the clock capacitor, burned a Hexen DVD (the 2018 one) , launched it, choose the suitable flashing option for my Winbound 1.4 motherboard, and tried to flash the bios, BUT : i have a non official controller! And as i'm sure you know, gentoox is not capable of recognizing no names controller, but only the official one, and of course : i don't have one  (but order one on Rakuten), i tried multiple time with every bios that was on the DVD (only the windbounds one of course), but gentoox just don't like cheap controllers no matter how fast i press on the D-Pad
      Now that you have the context, here's my question : Is there any way to flash the custom bios without the gentoox tool ?
      I know that we can do it with Unleashx (or Evox i don't remember), but i can't find the bios anywhere (just don't know where to look too besides googling it), and even if i find one, i'm not sure where to put it exactly or if it's safe to do anything without Hexen or Xblast.
      Thanks in advance 
      (and i'm french by the way, so i'm sorry for my poor english)
      Regards
      Nabil
    • By Chris1991
      Hello.
      I softmodded my xbox and decided to try the tsop mod.
      Followed a guide up untill the part where it had me burn a hexen cd. Instead I found this Please login or register to see this link.
      Unfortunately trying to skip burning a DVD has resulted in my xbox booting to a black screen.
      I see "loading ind-bios" before the screen goes black.
      Looking online I found some suggestions to boot into hexen disc (so I ended up having to burn it anyways) then run the clear files option.
      None of this worked though.

Any ideas on what I can do to get my dashboard back?

Chris

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.