bandak

Freeze Screen When Playing Dvd

I have a TSOP modded Xbox (PAL) on which I want to view Region 1 DVDs. The console itself is region free and everything seems to be going fine until about 5-10 mins into the DVD, when the picture suddenly freezes and the console crashes for seemingly no reason at all. I have the video settings on NTSC M (when playing the DVD in PAL mode the picture stutter). Anyone familiar with this problem?

Hello, Can you check if all capacitors are ok. And tell us which version of Xbox you have.

You Can also check with a tester if you have a good 5v output thé psu.

You Can send us a photo.

Bye

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By VCoupe376ci
      Out of nowhere today my 1.6b, X3, 2tb Xbox won't boot.
      Symptoms are:
      no frag, the console appears to be booting dvd drive will not eject when the button is pressed. The eject button blinks quickly and you can hear the drive spinning down but it never ejects long press of eject and power gives the pink executor logo on the panel and displays the outline of the Flashbios screen but remains blank Single press of the power button lights the Xecuter logo up red for a few seconds then blue as normal, no boot So, I originally thought the chip might have somehow died, but it absolutely cannot be. I completely disassembled the box, removed the X3 from the pinheaded, put the original IDE cable and hard drive back in, and bypassed the X3 board that interfaces with the power/eject buttons. The console appears to be booting but no audio or video (tv behaves as if it is getting no input signal). I have tried with both the OEM composite cable and the OEM component cable (breakout box) with no change.
      So now I'm convinced the chip is fine and something died in the console but can't find anything similar when searching. Everything on the motherboard looks fine and this console has worked fine since being modded in 2005. Any ideas?

• By Pipo
      Hello, is there a possibility to exchange the DVD drive of the xbox for a PC drive?
    • By springskinka
      Hi,
      I just started up my xbox after having it stored in a box for around 10 years  
      I have used HeXen 2018 to update to latest version of dash. But when I start my old games stored on the HDD it will first show the "Starting Game xxx" and after a couple of seconds boot back to the dash again.
      The only things that works are:
      - apps that are installed with the Hexen disk (Not XBMC)
      - The Game Big Motha Truckers (starts but gets an error that the disk is dirty)
      Any ideas of what the problem could be?
      I have a Xecutor2 chip installed on the XBOX. If I turn off the chip it will not start but show an error.
      BR

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.