Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DamonC

Help Needed with X3 Modded Halo Edition Console

Recommended Posts

Looking for help with my modded Xbox. I had this done by someone (can’t remember who) back in 2005/2006 and I haven’t started it up in over 5 years. I have tried a lot of button combos and it won’t boot up. It won’t even boot up in regular mode either. No matter what I do it turns on then Immediately shuts back off. It is a Halo edition with the X3 and control panel like the one pictured above. Any help would be appreciated. Also looking for recommendations for someone that could repair it if necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DamonC said:

Looking for help with my modded Xbox. I had this done by someone (can’t remember who) back in 2005/2006 and I haven’t started it up in over 5 years. I have tried a lot of button combos and it won’t boot up. It won’t even boot up in regular mode either. No matter what I do it turns on then Immediately shuts back off. It is a Halo edition with the X3 and control panel like the one pictured above. Any help would be appreciated. Also looking for recommendations for someone that could repair it if necessary.

Looks like you have a 1.6 version of the Halo edition.

Check for a mounting post below the serial number sticker on the bottom of the console. (Since the case is translucent, you can see through it to note the absence or presence of the mount.) (Please login or register to see this link. )

If it's a 1.6, the SMD transistor between the Xyclops chip and clock cap most likely needs to be replaced. 

To test and fix, watch Floydzabarber's YouTube video titled: Please login or register to see this link. .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2019 at 8:30 PM, KaosEngineer said:

Looks like you have a 1.6 version of the Halo edition.

Check for a mounting post below the serial number sticker on the bottom of the console. (Since the case is translucent, you can see through it to note the absence or presence of the mount.) (Please login or register to see this link. )

If it's a 1.6, the SMD transistor between the Xyclops chip and clock cap most likely needs to be replaced. 

To test and fix, watch Floydzabarber's YouTube video titled: Please login or register to see this link. .

 

On 5/19/2019 at 8:30 PM, KaosEngineer said:

Looks like you have a 1.6 version of the Halo edition.

Check for a mounting post below the serial number sticker on the bottom of the console. (Since the case is translucent, you can see through it to note the absence or presence of the mount.) (Please login or register to see this link. )

If it's a 1.6, the SMD transistor between the Xyclops chip and clock cap most likely needs to be replaced. 

To test and fix, watch Floydzabarber's YouTube video titled: Please login or register to see this link. .

Thanks for the help and sorry for the late response, I’ve been out of town. I checked and I do have the mounting post. I watched the video and don’t think I have the skills to do this. Do you know of any good reputable people who could fix this and possibly put a bigger HD in at the same time? While I’m getting this done are there any other improvements I could make?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure there are several people on this web site that can fix the power on problem and upgrade the hard drive.  The only problem is getting the console to someone near you.  Shipping each way for the console in the U.S. runs about $20 maybe more.

The old thermal paste needs to be cleaned off of the CPU, GPU  and associated heatsinks and replaced. Dust and other contamination inside the case removed and all the electrolytic caps need to be checked for leakage or bulging and if found, replaced with new ones.

Even though the 1.6's clock cap was a higher quality than previous versions of the console, the 3 ultra-low ESR electrolytic caps next to the power supply connector on the 1.6's motherboard are not. :(  Many are found to be leaking an orangish-brown goo out the top which can cause a multitude of problems.

Check and if needed, the DVD drive laser lens cleaned, not really necessary as the hard drive should be used for applications; cough, cough, ahem games; instead of the DVD drive and/or the eject belt replaced.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2019 at 3:43 PM, KaosEngineer said:

I'm sure there are several people on this web site that can fix the power on problem and upgrade the hard drive.  The only problem is getting the console to someone near you.  Shipping each way for the console in the U.S. runs about $20 maybe more.

The old thermal paste needs to be cleaned off of the CPU, GPU  and associated heatsinks and replaced. Dust and other contamination inside the case removed and all the electrolytic caps need to be checked for leakage or bulging and if found, replaced with new ones.

Even though the 1.6's clock cap was a higher quality than previous versions of the console, the 3 ultra-low ESR electrolytic caps next to the power supply connector on the 1.6's motherboard are not. :(  Many are found to be leaking an orangish-brown goo out the top which can cause a multitude of problems.

Check and if needed, the DVD drive laser lens cleaned, not really necessary as the hard drive should be used for applications; cough, cough, ahem games; instead of the DVD drive and/or the eject belt replaced.

Thanks sent you a message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By elmemo
      Hello everybody,
      i got a Xbox 1.1 with Xecuter3 chip installed (soldered, purple one) here. It comes with a power and a component cable. The compontent cable was made by myself (3rd party plug + og sd-av cable) and does not show any noise (no ghosting or etc., refer to pictures). In addition the package includes a Duke controller and a controller s. Everything is in very good shape and works perfectly, only the Duke's cable insulation got a little bit loose that does not affect the the functionality in any way.
      I did also some refurbishment:
      - Clock capacitor was removed
      - mobo's top side was cleaned with spirit (94% alc.)
      - fresh thermal paste was applied on cpu and gpu
      - the jammed Samsung DVD-drive was replaced with a Philips DVD-drive.
      - installed a Samsung 400gb HDD (HD400LD, IDE) with coinops 8 massive and 80+ xbox games pre-installed (total of over 4000 games)
       
      This package costs 450 € + shipping fee (via PayPal, shipping from Germany, EU only). Feel free to ask me any question.
       
      Best regards
      elmemoPlease login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment.
    • By LudoVicThor
      Hi I recently got steel battalion good as new for 300 buck and I'm stuck at mission 4 for now but my question is about the song we've got in the boom box is it possible to play my own song? BTW I'm looking for a live version I got the campaign only version of anyone have it I'm interested thank you. 

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.