OGXbox.com

Xblast Aladdin/Jafar/Lite/Etc.. cerbios help

Raidernick

Having an issue with a 1.3 xbox that I've never run in to before that I can't find a solution to. Using this xbox with any type of xblast chip/80 wire ide and any type of ide to sata adapter(including startech), the xbox will not boot the bios no matter what.

When I push the power button it will always boot to xblast then I need to manually choose the cerbios bank to boot from and then it works fine. I've tried replacing the modchip with various other xblast type chips, replaced the ide cable, replaced the sata adapter, replaced the HDD, replaced the dvd drive. Nothing will work. I obviously have quickboot set and the power button boot bank set to the cerbios bank.

It seems to ignore all these settings and always boot to xblast first. I'm at my wits end here as I've never seen this issue before and no matter what hardware I swap out I can't figure out the cause or how to solve it.

Edited by Raidernick

1 hour ago, MadMartigan said:

So your dashboard loads fine when selecting Cerbios on bank selection? 

yes, i can select any bank manually in xblast and it will load and work fine. It's just when booting or even rebooting the console it ignores the quickboot setting and always starts xblast instead of the chosen bank in the settings.

On 5/9/2024 at 8:37 PM, Raidernick said:

Having an issue with a 1.3 xbox that I've never run in to before that I can't find a solution to. Using this xbox with any type of xblast chip/80 wire ide and any type of ide to sata adapter(including startech), the xbox will not boot the bios no matter what.

When I push the power button it will always boot to xblast then I need to manually choose the cerbios bank to boot from and then it works fine. I've tried replacing the modchip with various other xblast type chips, replaced the ide cable, replaced the sata adapter, replaced the HDD, replaced the dvd drive. Nothing will work. I obviously have quickboot set and the power button boot bank set to the cerbios bank.

It seems to ignore all these settings and always boot to xblast first. I'm at my wits end here as I've never seen this issue before and no matter what hardware I swap out I can't figure out the cause or how to solve it.

Try setting quickboot to eject and run the button config backwards, in this instance. Power for XblastOS and Eject for Cerbios/Quickboot. A bit of reading suggests that something is up with the motherboard. Maybe you can get around it with this mobo in particular. :) How's your D0 hooked up, grounded to the mobo? Sounds like you're familiar with the Aladdins.

I figured out the issue was due to some problem in the DVD drive. This drive functions correctly and reads games, and works great in any other console. It only seems to cause issues in this console so I swapped it for another and the problem is gone. That's not really a fix but I don't have the time or energy to track down why this one off weird incompatibility exists.

• Confused 1