OGXbox.com

Doom Resurrection (2009) rips for port?

Meerjel01

On 4/5/2024 at 5:14 AM, Meerjel01 said:

Can someone rip the resources from the iOS game Doom Resurrection for me? I would like to do a port of it for the OG Xbox. From scratch and improved.

I'm not sure why you need someone else to do it for you, tell me how far you got and problem you get stuck at and I'll guide you as needed.

11 minutes ago, Meerjel01 said:

It isn't a code problem rather than an assets problem involving getting the models and such out of the game. I've never done that before and the game is also an iPhone app.

I know that hence my previous post ;) I believe in you doing this task trust me its easy and I want you to learn.

Just a side question, how are you intending to port the game? you mention from scratch, are you coding a game from scratch? have a game engine? using someone elses game engine? (optional to say which) 

So you've never done this before... that's ok, what would be your first step acquiring the resources?

The first thing I do is grab the .ipa app file of the game and get it on my PC (iphone apps are a file with extension .ipa, it is a basically an archive file format similar to zip *hint*) 

Post back when you have done this.

• Thanks 1

I'm on a Mac so I can't do a lot with the assets for now but I got the resources out from the archive. The models seems to be mdl files but I'm not sure which structure they're built from.

I got the .ipa file from here btw. Gonna have to play the game myself to get the game's feel correct.