OGXbox.com

IDE - Be Gone

MadMartigan

After hitting so many walls in my recent projects, it’s nice to have at least one idea come to fruition. This has probably been done before, but I’ve never seen it so I thought I’d share my success story. 

I have achieved complete IDE elimination with this awesome Startech adapter. Downside is the size of the adapter, but I have a few ideas to make it work. The speeds are really good thus far, but I haven’t done much testing outside of menus. Look past the mess of cables lol. 

https://imgur.com/a/Ima00KO

Edited by MadMartigan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, MadMartigan said:

After hitting so many walls in my recent projects, it’s nice to have at least one idea come to fruition. This has probably been done before, but I’ve never seen it so I thought I’d share my success story. 

I have achieved complete IDE elimination with this awesome Startech adapter. Downside is the size of the adapter, but I have a few ideas to make it work. The speeds are really good thus far, but I haven’t done much testing outside of menus. Look past the mess of cables lol. 

https://imgur.com/a/Ima00KO

Really should be used with any console that does not have a DVD drive. Makes Nems kit much tidyer and less pain-in-the-assy. :)

It has the potential, but is currently not compatible with his kit. I need to do some trimming to the DVD bracket and possibly a little on the hdd housing. Still a work in progress. 

I'm more than likely going to need an entirely new setup on the disc drive side. 

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, MadMartigan said:

This is what needs to be altered on just the disc tray. I really don’t want to have to modify the part from Nemesis so I’m on the search for something more suitable. Good thing that 3D printing thread got some love this past week. 

IMG_5312.jpeg

I truly think that it has plenty of merit. It's a MUCH more elegant solution than cramming a stupid IDE cable around all that stuff. Right on, Marty. Kudos on the 128MB, BTW. :)

• Like 1

I’m searching everywhere for a HDD to dvd bracket that fits my needs. I’m fairly new the 3D printing/.stl scene so please send any suggestions. The one that would work perfectly is also using the mounting holes for Nemesis’ LED kit so that’s ruled out. 

This one: 

IMG_5313.jpeg