OGXbox.com

Xecutor 2.2

lopenator

What are my options of bios I can flash on this chip? I know PrometheOS cant be. Anything that wil fit on flash I presume right. I picked up a box with this chip installed poorly. Im thinking about reusing it..  or is it not worth reusing?

Edited by lopenator

It has 2 512KB sized banks.  You can flash any 256KB or 512KB modified Xbox BIOS to it.

PrometheOS, SmartXXOS, XeniumOS, etc. are modchip control firmware which won't work.

The latest BIOS is CerBIOS.  It is a 256KB modifed Xbox BIOS.

Edit: Which modified Xbox BIOS to flash to the modchip depends on which Xbox version you have.  Not all modified Xbox BIOSes work on v1.6 consoles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

It has 2 512KB sized banks.  You can flash any 256KB or 512KB modified Xbox BIOS to it.

PrometheOS, SmartXXOS, XeniumOS, etc. are modchip control firmware which won't work.

Edit: Which modified Xbox BIOS to flash to the modchip depends on which Xbox version you have.  Not all modified Xbox BIOSes work on v1.6 consoles.

Kaos, when it comes to these chips OS firmwares, what exactly makes them unable to run? As far as I know the Xenium (for example) does not have an eeprom like the X3 did, so why will they not boot and run just like they would on any other 256k bank?

20 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Very helpful. Thanks!

1 hour ago, lopenator said:

What are my options of bios I can flash on this chip? I know PrometheOS cant be. Anything that wil fit on flash I presume right. I picked up a box with this chip installed poorly. Im thinking about reusing it..  or is it not worth reusing?

I have an Xecuter 2.0 Pro that was also installed poorly. There are 3 switches on the back, one I think is for D0, the rest, I have no idea. There are also HDD and LAN leads hooked up to the LEDs pictured. LOTS of hot glue everywhere.

PXL-20240218-000028586.jpg

PXL-20240218-000037526.jpg

The glued in LEDs look totally fine on the outside, but WOW is this thing trashed.

5 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Kaos, when it comes to these chips OS firmwares, what exactly makes them unable to run? As far as I know the Xenium (for example) does not have an eeprom like the X3 did, so why will they not boot and run just like they would on any other 256k bank?

Most of those OS firmwares look for specific ID values being present in the hardware devices on the modchip.  If they don't match, they will NOT work.  Or, FPGA/CPLD code which defines/creates internal registers used by the firmware are not present for the OS to run.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I have an Xecuter 2.0 Pro that was also installed poorly. There are 3 switches on the back, one I think is for D0, the rest, I have no idea. There are also HDD and LAN leads hooked up to the LEDs pictured. LOTS of hot glue everywhere.

<Pictures removed, see them above>

The glued in LEDs look totally fine on the outside, but WOW is this thing trashed.

Archived X2.x Pro DIP Switch Settings:

http://web.archive.org/web/20141025141741/http://www.xbox-scene.com/modchips/x-ecuter2_pro_switches.html

• Thanks 1

I just flash the xecutor 2.2. love it thanks guys. I got another question though. Does anyone know the part number for the little switches on the daughter (bank) board for the chip? They are loose and old and not very clicky.

Posted (edited)

@KaosEngineer sorry to ping. quick question. My xecutor came as a wire install not a pin header and I plan on converting it to a pin header. Because of this, I do not have the d0 cable I am supposed to have when utilizing a pin header install. Is this the port that is used for d0 pin header? If so, do you know where I can purchase a replica? Would using this jst still be the recommended way to setup d0?thanks.

a5de4fd6-fb30-4c6f-8ec0-96727f4f7014.jpg

IMG20240302193456.jpg

Edited by lopenator