OGXbox.com

OGX-Mini, Pico firmware for emulating Xbox (and other) controllers

SoftMachine

16 hours ago, Ryzee119 said:

Amazing work!

Regarding PID/VID for PS3/4 controllers generally it is better to check against the interface class/subclass/protocol. Atleast on Xbox these are always consistent and so you don't need to rely on hardcoded PID/VIDs etc by I'm not sure how the PS controllers are tbh 

Hey thanks and thank you for making it possible with your work. That does sound like a better idea, I have a 3rd party ps3 controller that uses xbox 360 pid/vids for whatever reason and a wireless adapter that seems to change ids and report structure based on what it's plugged into, so issues are already cropping up from using those. I'll have to go back and see what can be done for ps/switch controllers. 

50 minutes ago, SoftMachine said:

Hey thanks and thank you for making it possible with your work. That does sound like a better idea, I have a 3rd party ps3 controller that uses xbox 360 pid/vids for whatever reason and a wireless adapter that seems to change ids and report structure based on what it's plugged into, so issues are already cropping up from using those. I'll have to go back and see what can be done for ps/switch controllers. 

I hope my emulator controller talk didn't make it seem like I did not appreciate. I DO! I wanna try all my controllers with it now! Nice work, dude!

14 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I hope my emulator controller talk didn't make it seem like I did not appreciate. I DO! I wanna try all my controllers with it now! Nice work, dude!

It's all good I didn't take it that way, I dug out an old n64 usb controller I had forgotten about, i'm not sure if they'd all behave similarly though. I have that, switch pro/wired, and psclassic controllers working so I'm gonna post an update this weekend. My ps3 controller gets here friday so with some luck I'll figure that out quickly and it can be included.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, SoftMachine said:

It's all good I didn't take it that way, I dug out an old n64 usb controller I had forgotten about, i'm not sure if they'd all behave similarly though. I have that, switch pro/wired, and psclassic controllers working so I'm gonna post an update this weekend. My ps3 controller gets here friday so with some luck I'll figure that out quickly and it can be included.

I am so Instastoked. The N64 controller would work great with the XBE version of SM64! And other N64 games on Surreal, of course. :)

Posted (edited)

I've posted a new version of the firmware, here's a list of some things that were added
- PlayStation 3 support
- PlayStation Classic support (the mini console)
- CDC device mode for easier debugging of USB host stuff

And controllers I've added support for
- Switch Pro
- Switch wired
- N64 USB gamepads (may need to be updated to account for different brands)
- PlayStation Classic

Here's the link: https://github.com/wiredopposite/OGX-Mini/releases/tag/v0.2.0

Edited by SoftMachine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/11/2024 at 1:31 PM, whatitizz said:

I'm out of Raspberry pi picos at the moment, by any chance would this still work on a RP2040 ZERO?

I'm not sure, you could try the Pico firmware and see. If there's an issue with that board, it would be routing for gpio 0 and 1 not being impedance matched, so if it doesn't work you could also try putting 27 or 22 ohm (or around that) resistors in series on the data +/- lines before the USB A host port and see if that helps

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SoftMachine said:

I'm not sure, you could try the Pico firmware and see. If there's an issue with that board, it would be routing for gpio 0 and 1 not being impedance matched, so if it doesn't work you could also try putting 27 or 22 ohm (or around that) resistors in series on the data +/- lines before the USB A host port and see if that helps

I underestimated you, Machine. You really know your stuff. I had no idea. :)

On 3/14/2024 at 11:54 AM, SoftMachine said:

I'm gonna give it a shot and if not, I'll try the resistors. If all that fails, I'll look it what can be done with the source. By then though, I should have more picos.  Thanks for your info 👍

On 3/14/2024 at 11:54 AM, SoftMachine said:

It worked without the resistors. I used Ver. 2.0 . I'm gonna try 3.0 next 

20240315_223034.jpg

• Like 2

Just got this setup with XB1X pad and the 8Bitdo v2 adaptor. But one thing that's an issue is I need to press the sync button on it to wake it up when I power the xbox.

Any way to make it auto wake? (search on boot)

Also thank you for doing this, amazingly simple to get working. (hold boot, copy uf2 to mass storage and done)

Edited by Rocky5
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 9:11 AM, Rocky5 said:

Just got this setup with XB1X pad and the 8Bitdo v2 adaptor. But one thing that's an issue is I need to press the sync button on it to wake it up when I power the xbox.

Any way to make it auto wake? (search on boot)

Also thank you for doing this, amazingly simple to get working. (hold boot, copy uf2 to mass storage and done)

I'm not sure about that, is there a host that puts the 8bitdo into pairing mode as soon as you plug it in? I've always had to press the button.l, at some point I could maybe try sending random packets to it and see what it does.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I've just stumbled upon this thread. forgive me if it may seem that I'm not knowledgeable at all on how it works. I have modded my dead guitar guitar hero controllers to run using a PI-Pico using a configurator from https://santroller.tangentmc.net/ . I've got my controller working for PC. but ideally id like to be able to get my controller to work on a Xbox360 again. Is there a way to do this without modding an xbox360 so I can use it on any xbox in the future? if so how would i do this? if its not possible i'd love for someone to explain why it isn't possible. Thankyou all for the help in advance. 

Had I waited just a couple days, I would have saved myself the effort of designing this pico zero pcb I ordered just a couple days before the "official" one was posted on GitHub 😂.

Made it according to the schematic for the regular pico so it uses different pins than the "official" one and I didn't add any resistors.

Works wonderfully using the regular pico image, with a mayflash magic ns I already had as a receiver for an xbox one controller. Only problem is that I can't seem to get rumble working with this config which is probably some compatibility issue with the mayflash adapter. I'll have to test it wired to confirm. Now to solder a few more of these and order those usb c cables!

PXL_20240424_104027516.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

• Like 1