OGXbox.com

XBMC4Gamers Fails To Load Home Screen

extra-ordinary_

n an effort to clear all my played counters, I deleted file

/Q/system/UserData/Profiles/<Profile Name>/Database/MyPrograms6.db

On backing out of file manager to the home screen XBMC scanned all my items again and eventually everything was showing zero play with no recents on my home screen. All was good until I had to go into an emulator for something and when I deleted the same file again I decided to reboot the system this time so XBMC would do a rebuild on boot up, but instead the home screen fails to load and displays an error - Script failed! : Home Screen Items.py. . Is there a way for me to repair my XBMC4Gamers dash?

In your ftp program enter this as a site command. (FileZilla > Server->"raw ftp command")

site ActivateWindow(1)

hit enter and it will take you to the programs list, send me the latest log file from “E:\TDATA\Rocky5 needs these\” so I can see what’s happened. As I think I know what’s going on, but would like to confirm it. 

7 hours ago, extra-ordinary_ said:

Ah I reinstalled the dashboard before you replied. Issue is easy enough to reproduce - just delete the MyPrograms6.db file and reboot.

I did and it’s recreated on boot 😂 and I don’t have any issue. I had tested all this stuff before release.

But I have now made it load home if anything fails. (v2.0.002+)

12 hours ago, Rocky5 said:

I did and it’s recreated on boot 😂 and I don’t have any issue. I had tested all this stuff before release.

But I have now made it load home if anything fails. (v2.0.002+)

hmm...at the time think I tried it on a second box and was getting the same error(?)...will revisit it again. EDIT: Although now as I think about it the second box drive was a copy of the first...

What are the chances of getting PCSXBOX v25 available from the XBMC4Gamers downloader?

Edited by extra-ordinary_