OGXbox.com

Aladdin advance flash

Dwean

Hi,

I bought an OG Xbox witch came with Aladdin Avance chip installed, I tried to update the BIOS but it failed so is unusefull.

Reading and watching some guides I decided to obtain a programmer to recover it.

Here comes the problem, everywhere I watched said the the BIOS chip is "SST49LF020", so in the programmer software I selected this chip but I'm getting an error.

Will post the chip and error photos.

Thank you very much and sorry for my English.

2024-01-12-11-33-07-366.jpg

Screenshot_1.png

15 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Hmm, did you buy the adapter from XGecu with the programmer or later from somewhere else.  I don't know if XGecu's adapter is a simple PLCC32 to DIP32 adapter.  

From the programming software screenshot, it looks like it is.

I received one of these adapters with my XGecu, so I would say so, yes.

Hi, I had the same problem with a Tl866ii and an adapter purchased separately

After trying everything on the software side I redid the soldering but it didn't change anything. I decided to be radical, I unsoldered the plcc32 support and the pin connectors then I resoldered new pin connectors and a new plcc32 support. After testing everything works now.

This is my experience if it helps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bgsmods59 said:

Hi, I had the same problem with a Tl866ii and an adapter purchased separately

After trying everything on the software side I redid the soldering but it didn't change anything. I decided to be radical, I unsoldered the plcc32 support and the pin connectors then I resoldered new pin connectors and a new plcc32 support. After testing everything works now.

This is my experience if it helps.

So you're saying you basically rebuilt the whole PCB?

@KaosEngineerAfter looking more closely, I see that this is not the SAME exact adapter. 

https://i.postimg.cc/BZCp1fRL/17051263863151292668913809702721.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

So you're saying you basically rebuilt the whole PCB?

@KaosEngineerAfter looking more closely, I see that this is not the SAME exact adapter. 

It does still look like a simple PLCC32-to-DIP32 adapter.  Nothing fancy or special about it.

Edit: However, as @Bgsmods59mentions, he had problems with his adapter like the OP's.  There may be some bad solder connections between the PLCC32 socket and the adapter PCB.

12 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

It does still look like a simple PLCC32-to-DIP32 adapter.  Nothing fancy or special about it.

Edit: However, as @Bgsmods59mentions, he had problems with his adapter like the OP's.  There may be some bad solder connections between the PLCC32 socket and the adapter PCB.

It's possible, I'm sure. Thankfully mine worked... I suggest the OP either try resoldering things or maybe just try to find an adapter identical to mine. It's probably cheap, although it may take a couple weeks to ship :(

On 13/01/2024 at 07:11, Bowlsnapper said:

Donc vous dites que vous avez essentiellement reconstruit l'ensemble du PCB ?

@KaosEngineerAprès avoir regardé de plus près, je vois que ce n'est pas exactement le MÊME adaptateur. 

yes I just kept the pcb and rebuilt everything. They may not be the same but the connections remain the same

• Like 1

Thank you everyone,

I bought the adapter separatley , I tried to resolder all but nothing happened so I just ordered a new adapter to try again.

Aswering @KaosEngineer , I flashed it with ZBXInstaller and after reboot it never worked again.

So I will try with the new adapter and check what happen.

Edited by Dwean

il y a 4 heures, Dwean a dit :

Salut !!

Le problème était l’adaptateur avec le nouveau, j’ai flashé le BIOS et fonctionne à nouveau.

When I re-soldered mine it didn't change anything either.
 I think it was the fact of replacing the Plcc32 support with a new one that it worked.
My hypothesis is that the Plcc32 supports installed on these cheap adapters do not come into contact correctly with the legs of the read/write chip.
Edited by Bgsmods59
  • Like 2

On 1/26/2024 at 1:40 AM, Bgsmods59 said:
When I re-soldered mine it didn't change anything either.
 I think it was the fact of replacing the Plcc32 support with a new one that it worked.
My hypothesis is that the Plcc32 supports installed on these cheap adapters do not come into contact correctly with the legs of the read/write chip.

The cheap PLCC32 DIP adapters have a poor-quality socket, which doesn't latch onto the pins correctly. Normally, I would have to slightly bend the pins on either the chip or the socket to get it to work.

Most of the early Aladdin chips often use a 49LF020 chip (not A or B), later ones do have the A or B variants of those chips.

• Like 1