OGXbox.com

Am still here updating away

Rocky5

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Rocky, thanks for continuing to update and improve THE BEST XBOX DASH!!

However, I have just updated my console and have an issue. Started from a completely fresh install, updated through the downloader to the test build. All went well and the dash boots, can play games etc. But, now the downloader is hit and miss. 

It seems to work occasionally after a full reboot of the console. If it fails I get the "using Insignia DNS without secondary DNS?" message, there is no Insignia account setup on this console. I removed it before doing a fresh install of XBMC4Gamers. If I re try to download after it has failed I get the "No Interweb" message. Going back to my games list and hitt8ing the black button to bring up the options menu then shows my IP but says no connection. 

I have been able to download a couple of themes and the trainer pack but on every other thing I have tried to download it has failed as described above.

I have attached my log files for you.

xbmc.log xbmc-updater.log

1 hour ago, nikeymikey said:

Hey Rocky, thanks for continuing to update and improve THE BEST XBOX DASH!!

However, I have just updated my console and have an issue. Started from a completely fresh install, updated through the downloader to the test build. All went well and the dash boots, can play games etc. But, now the downloader is hit and miss. 

It seems to work occasionally after a full reboot of the console. If it fails I get the "using Insignia DNS without secondary DNS?" message, there is no Insignia account setup on this console. I removed it before doing a fresh install of XBMC4Gamers. If I re try to download after it has failed I get the "No Interweb" message. Going back to my games list and hitt8ing the black button to bring up the options menu then shows my IP but says no connection. 

I have been able to download a couple of themes and the trainer pack but on every other thing I have tried to download it has failed as described above.

I have attached my log files for you.

xbmc.log 5.08 kB · 0 downloads xbmc-updater.log 6.86 kB · 0 downloads

Saw your reply on YT. The suggested fix worked great. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Rocky5

I am looking to install modded games with their own custom created artwork to one of my consoles. Is there any way to mark a game so it will be ignored when doing "Refresh all synopsis"? As currently it all seems to be overwritten by the standard artwork/synopsis.

Updating to the latest test build has highlighted this as the update forces a refresh of all synopsis due to the changes you made :)

Luckily I had only done a couple of games so was easy to just copy my custom _resources folder over to game directory again but I have MANY modded games lined up to move across and make art for yet :). The ones I had done were just in the normal "Games" folder along with all the standard games, would moving them to a custom folder and adding as a source stop the synopsis/art from being overwritten?

EDIT - It seems that updating the synopsis wasn't the culprit and doesn't over write the art.  It must of been when I previously updated the artwork thru the installer. 

Edited by nikeymikey

@Rocky5 I have an issue with the latest test build and an infinite loading screen.

It all works fine directly after updating from either the previous test build or the stable build available on the downloader, but after a full power down reboot, it gets stuck at the blue splash screen with the spinning loading blocks in the corner. Logs attached for you in case there is anything you can spot there. Reverting to a backup of the previous test build works as expected. 

xbmc.log xbmc-updater.log

Edited by nikeymikey

45 minutes ago, nikeymikey said:

@Rocky5 I have an issue with the latest test build and an infinite loading screen.

It all works fine directly after updating from either the previous test build or the stable build available on the downloader, but after a full power down reboot, it gets stuck at the blue splash screen with the spinning loading blocks in the corner. Logs attached for you in case there is anything you can spot there. Reverting to a backup of the previous test build works as expected. 

xbmc.log 4.67 kB · 0 downloads xbmc-updater.log 6.57 kB · 0 downloads

Disable "enable internet time synchronisation" in settings > appearance > International or make sure you have internet.

I have added some logging so I can track where its (taking to long) and showing the busy dialogue. Just building the XBE and will send a new update.

Seems I cant send messages :/ I can only send 0 a day it seems lol

Edited by Rocky5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Rocky5 said:

Disable "enable internet time synchronisation" in settings > appearance > International or make sure you have internet.

I have added some logging so I can track where its (taking to long) and showing the busy dialogue. Just building the XBE and will send a new update.

Seems I cant send messages :/ I can only send 0 a day it seems lol

Always have internet on this console. Will disable it and update to the latest again :)

11 minutes ago, nikeymikey said:

Always have internet on this console. Will disable it and update to the latest again :)

Nothing has changed xbe side since before and after 1.4.028, bar I rebuilt the xbe from start (normally I update it) so the build date was the 28th

enable debugging before sending logs please. (hold X and Y on boot)

Make sure you disable it in the manage profiles profile as thats always loaded first before a second profile.

Edited by Rocky5
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rocky5 said:

Nothing has changed xbe side since before and after 1.4.028, bar I rebuilt the xbe from start (normally I update it) so the build date was the 28th

enable debugging before sending logs please. (hold X and Y on boot)

Make sure you disable it in the manage profiles profile as thats always loaded first before a second profile.

Updated to todays build. Internet time sync disabled on all profiles. Still getting infinite loading on splash screen. Logs attached, should have debugging enabled, hope they are useful.

xbmc-updater.log xbmc.log

2 minutes ago, nikeymikey said:

Updated to todays build. Internet time sync disabled on all profiles. Still getting infinite loading on splash screen. Logs attached, should have debugging enabled, hope they are useful.

xbmc-updater.log 6.57 kB · 0 downloads xbmc.log 15.08 kB · 1 download

Ok it’s doing pythons stuff, can you edit profile skin\xml\startup.xml

Line 2 change onload to onunload (there are 2 on that line)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nikeymikey said:

@Rocky5 That fixed it. I see you have pushed another build to the downloader. I take it that just adds this fix? :)

Thanks for the help today. :) I also finally got around to joining your Patreon today :)

Great :D yeah I pushed that fix. I moved it to the menu loader instead. Am running an SSD so seems fast drives dont have the issue lol

And thank you.

Edited by Rocky5

2 minutes ago, Rocky5 said:

Great :D yeah I pushed that fix. I moved it to the menu loader instead. Am running an SSD so seems fast drives dont have the issue lol

And thank you.

I was going to go for an SSD but decided against it in the end. The console in question has a 2TB drive right now (doing all my setup testing on this one) but I am in the process of building a 6TB setup with FatXplorer. This is what has me having all these issues and questions for you lately :)

• 4 weeks later...