OGXbox.com

Aladdin 64 v1. 6 - Failing to flash Cerbios SST 49LF020

CrazyKoala

2 hours ago, Marty said:

What happened to that modchip?

Well, first of all... yeah. That. WTF? It looks like the console was in a house fire and the chip was the only thing that lived.

3 hours ago, CrazyKoala said:

0f8mszasri1c1.webp

3kryfxfsri1c1.webp

68o226ksri1c1.webp

Hi.

So I have this 1.6rev Xbox hard modded with a chip Aladdin 64 v1. 6

I tried to flash Cerbios using the OGXbox flash disc. But I am getting errors. Tried with Xblast OS and EvoX OS.

Joining the screenshots.

How can I flash this chip?

Thanks.

Sigh... there is absolutely NO way to know what flash that actually is. I assume it's just a counterfeit 020, though. I have never seen that marking before on the flash. Fuckin WEIRD. Probably a counterfeit chip and those will not allow flashing, because the CPLD does not know how to address it. VERY common with Aladdins. You could boot with this, and then replace the flash with a REAL SST, plug the chip back in and then flash (basically hotswapping), or just buy a new chip and toss this thing in the fuckin' trash.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Looks like you picked the wrong file size for the bios. The Aladdin has a 256kb flash chip.

What makes you say that? All I saw was that Xblast says unsupported, which to me means that it's not seeing the flash. I just assumed that the chip was counterfeit and couldn't be flashed when I saw that... plus it's an old ass Aladdin. 😛

12 hours ago, CrazyKoala said:

0f8mszasri1c1.webp

3kryfxfsri1c1.webp

68o226ksri1c1.webp

Hi.

So I have this 1.6rev Xbox hard modded with a chip Aladdin 64 v1. 6

I tried to flash Cerbios using the OGXbox flash disc. But I am getting errors. Tried with Xblast OS and EvoX OS.

Joining the screenshots.

How can I flash this chip?

Thanks.

Which file are you trying to flash to the modchip? 

What is its size in bytes? 

It should be exactly 262144 bytes.

40 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

You answered your qustion alone. FUCKIN old aladdin. OG SST no matter what. 

And you see what XBlast postet on screen? Wrong files size? 

51 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Looks like you picked the wrong file size for the bios. The Aladdin has a 256kb flash chip.

17 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Which file are you trying to flash to the modchip? 

What is its size in bytes? 

It should be exactly 262144 bytes.

Thanks to those who pointed out the filesize error..

I mean I DID see that, but thought the filesize was due to  some shite happening with the chip.

I didn't realize the size was in reference to the bios.bin bytesize itself, as the wording "Cerbiod UDMA5 512kb" led me to believe it was in reference to the hard drive cluster size.

Well some good outcome. I was able to flash the chip with EvoX , NOT with XBlast though.

Now it boots in Cerbios and I need to find a way to install the dashboards :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

You answered your qustion alone. FUCKIN old aladdin. OG SST no matter what. 

And you see what XBlast postet on screen? Wrong files size? 

Ah okay. I haven't seen that specific error before so I didn't know what caused it.  I thought you were referencing something that was specifying a filesize larger than 256k.

1 hour ago, CrazyKoala said:

Thanks to those who pointed out the filesize error..

I mean I DID see that, but thought the filesize was due to  some shite happening with the chip.

I didn't realize the size was in reference to the bios.bin bytesize itself, as the wording "Cerbiod UDMA5 512kb" led me to believe it was in reference to the hard drive cluster size.

Well some good outcome. I was able to flash the chip with EvoX , NOT with XBlast though.

Now it boots in Cerbios and I need to find a way to install the dashboards :)

Glad you got it working with a simple fix. I'm a bit surprised that Evox worked but XBlast didn't. XBlast can usually handle anything. 😛