OGXbox.com

OpenXenium and LPC 1.6

Halo_2

16 minutes ago, Halo_2 said:

So don’t ground d0 on the Xbox but solder the point on the OX (1.6 point on the chip)

Doesnt grounding the d0 point tell it to boot from lpc header.

He's saying to ground the Lframe and the MCPX will boot from the lpc. The openXenium connections do not need to differ. The Lframe will do the work. However, doing this can cause damage in time, since Lframe has a fair amount of power going through it, so I would use the d0 connection on the chip, since it should only be momentary and prevent potential damage. Do I have that right, @KaosEngineer?

If that corrector is build correctly pin 3 will be lframe (d0). If you then bridge the "1.6" pads on your Xenium, you do not need any wires at all.

Xenium only pulses the signal during boot to force the LPC, then releases the line once no longer needed. 

Also, of you want to bypass onboard bios on a 1.6 with a non-Xenium, just jump pin 2 and 3. It will pull lframe to ground on the chip itself without extra wires on the motherboard.

20231025_205700.jpg

Edited by zatchbot
Clarity
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dtomcat18 said:

Correct.  Use pads on OX if you’re wanting to boot retail without chip.  (Can can boot retail within custom dash’s.  Since your box can’t be banned… no real reason to boot retail without chip after its been modded 

I'm STILL getting used to this idea and am trying to push myself to realize that having the stock bios is pretty much pointless now. Lol. I'm almost there! :)

How much would it cost to have lpc rebuild boards made up? Say 100? They have no components and are only traces.

• 5 months later...

Damn! That is the roughest looking mod chip I’ve seen in a while. Actually that’s the roughest looking pcb I’ve seen in a while. Lol. Were they learning to solder when they sold that to you? The joints just look horrible and very poorly done. Not to mention all the flux they didn’t clean up.

I’m sorry that’s what you ended up with though. That sucks. All of what I can see could be soldered correctly and cleaned up. If you have some soldering experience or know someone in the area that does. I can’t get over someone selling you or anyone something in that condition. Especially a mod chip. 

• Like 1

@Halo_2 My girlfriend saw those photos and said "Oh my GOD. It looks like somebody torched it!" She's not even an electronics person or anything and could tell it was really bad. I agree with @dtomcat: I cannot believe that somebody put out a chip that looks like that. I would be embarrassed, man. 

PXL_20240224_095558543.jpg

Just throwin' it out there 😛

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

@Halo_2 My girlfriend saw those photos and said "Oh my GOD. It looks like somebody torched it!" She's not even an electronics person or anything and could tell it was really bad. I agree with @dtomcat: I cannot believe that somebody put out a chip that looks like that. I would be embarrassed, man. 

PXL_20240224_095558543.jpg

Just throwin' it out there 😛

Agreed. It’s just bad all around. The solder joints are horrible on top of all the other issues on that mod chip. 

Posted (edited)

The modshop has finished with the orig xbox and a little disappointed....he soldered the mod chip to the damn pin header.....what would be a 5sec job if the mod chip was to die now makes it hard to swap.

Also mainly OCD but he didn't fold the xbox pata cables the same as before.

And on the OX modchip pictured above anyone else think the OX/Ryzee119 text looks like he took flux and hot air to it, because he didn't want to install it.

Just doesn't look right compared to all the others you see on eBay.......I didn't check before I sent it away, was in a anti static bag (someone else also gave “console mods au” on eBay bad review on bad soldering too but nothing like above).

And come to think of it the 360 unlocked PCB I gave him, he said it was dead on arrival yet was official TX product from http://www.modchipcentral.com

4.jpeg.e8037d3df847dd076d0e0f3345606a3b.jpeg

4.jpg

8.jpg

Edited by Halo_2

6 hours ago, Halo_2 said:

The modshop has finished with the orig xbox and a little disappointed....he soldered the mod chip to the damn pin header.....what would be a 5sec job if the mod chip was to die now makes it hard to swap.

Also mainly OCD but he didn't fold the xbox pata cables the same as before.

And on the OX modchip pictured above anyone else think the OX/Ryzee119 text looks like he took flux and hot air to it, because he didn't want to install it.

Just doesn't look right compared to all the others you see on eBay.......I didn't check before I sent it away, was in a anti static bag (someone else also gave “console mods au” on eBay bad review on bad soldering too but nothing like above).

And come to think of it the 360 unlocked PCB I gave him, he said it was dead on arrival yet was official TX product from http://www.modchipcentral.com

4.jpeg.e8037d3df847dd076d0e0f3345606a3b.jpeg

4.jpg

8.jpg

WTF would he SOLDER the chip to the LPC for? That is the dumbest, most pointless thing. The only thing I can think of is that you wouldn't want to even touch it if you wanted to change something with the chip or whatever and he wanted to make it difficult to do so so that you would send it back to them. Literally. That pisses me off.

I keep hearing about these modding services and seeing results that are so much fucking worse than the work I would have done.

Also... BT and D0 don't work on Aladdins yet, so I dunno what those wires are hooked up to.