OGXbox.com

PicoPromSD EEPROM Tool

dtomcat

Selling PicoPromSDs. My new EEPROM tool. Testing is going great and haven’t heard anything negative. Because of this, I’m opening up sales. $35+shipping

What does it do?

1. Reads and backs up the EEPROM

2. Decrypts EEPROM Data and displays it in plain text. 
3. Can write changes to the EEPROM 

4. Calculate the password for the original seagate and WD drives

all from a MicroSD card

have questions?!?!  Just ask!

IMG_7732.jpeg

EDIT:  as mentioned earlier in announcement post… if you purchased an ArdPromSD from me and want the new PicoPromSD… I’ll give you a $10 discount. 

I’ll also be selling a pogo pin adapter for $8IMG_7780.thumb.jpg.b90de91556537b4f604ea5ee2ef80b71.jpg

• Thanks 1

Trying to communicate with Xbox EEPROM...OK
Attempting to get EEPROM data...
EEPROM data successful... Attempting to decrypt
CRC of EEPROM Data: BD80
CRC of copied EEPROM Data: BD80
EEPROM Decrypt successful!
CRC of Decrypted EEPROM Data: F146
Xbox Version: 1.1 - 1.4
Online Key: D75F691F4EB9A2698EE312BCF16E5205
HDD Key: CF35B66496BA3433241D0645A21DAB52
Confounder: 6BF6B7C828881088
Region: North America
MAC: 00-50-F2-ED-B3-4B
Serial: 609205632705
Video Standard: NTSC-M
DVD Zone: Region 1
Attempting to create: epbackup/609205632705.bin ...
SUCCESS!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your tool answered all my questions! I have so much fucking EEPROM data I don't even know what I would ask! 5 Stars!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GoTeamScotch said:

I highly recommend this tool. Makes grabbing eeprom's effortless and quick. I love mine. 👍

Same here. :) Great tool and I highly recommend it. I’ve already pulled eeproms off three mobos with doa hdds and used that info to replace one hdd so far. Effortless and quick is a great description. 

Thank you again @Dtomcat18. Great work!

• Like 2

Much respect, this is a cool project!

I've recently been doing  EEPROM dumps with a Linux SBC (beaglebone black), the software `i2cget`, and some test clips. I put the clips directly on the legs of the EEPROM. Certain test clips can be finicky. I've found that the one's that came with my Saleae logic analyzer work pretty well whereas clips from aliexpress bend and break pretty easily.

I'll be honest, I was going to be a little critical before I watched the video. I was thinking you had to hold it on the board with one hand and dump with another. Touch and go, that's awesome.

Do you ever run into issues with a less than perfect placement of the pogo pins or is that a non-issue?

40 minutes ago, yayapx said:

Do you ever run into issues with a less than perfect placement of the pogo pins or is that a non-issue?

I personally have not.  Even with non-ideal pogos.  Definitely not with new pogos.. they kind of snap into place with the beveled ends. I have not received any feedback of anyone having issues either.  In my manual for it, I do state I don’t recommend using pogo pins to write eeprom due to possibility of someone shifting during the write process.  But it does write in less than a sec :) 

2 hours ago, yayapx said:

From a user perspective I’ve also had no issues with the pogo pins. Especially the new ones recommended. I’ve only done reads though but it has all worked perfectly. If I was going to write the eeprom though I’d definitely put a pin header on the lpc, as @Dtomcat18 suggests, just to be on the safe side. That’s just me though and wanting to be doubly safe when writing. :) 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Last batch is complete and tested.  I have 27 to sell... and about 10 people who already messaged with interest.  Not sure how many of them will buy... but just assume 17 left :)  Getting more pogo pins (arrive Sunday as of right now)... so will have limited supply of pogo adapters until then (currently can make 6)