OGXbox.com

Looking for a debug kit.

Zerg

Hi, I'm looking for an Xbox debug kit. I thought about modding my current rig to run the proper requirements to have a working development environment, but I'd feel a bit more secure working on a proper piece of hardware to start developing and learning how to make homebrew. The current listings for these consoles are a bit insane(Seeing one being listed for almost $1,000) for my budget and I have no intent to ever get rid of it. 

I do have some things of value that I'd be willing to add for trade.

- an Xecuter 3
- an X3 pro switch
- 2 complete translucent clear ghost cases
- 1 complete translucent red ghost case

Doesn't hurt to try asking the community and I hope I can return back to the community with a debug kit.

Thanks, Zerg

2 hours ago, Zerg said:

Hi, I'm looking for an Xbox debug kit. I thought about modding my current rig to run the proper requirements to have a working development environment, but I'd feel a bit more secure working on a proper piece of hardware to start developing and learning how to make homebrew. The current listings for these consoles are a bit insane(Seeing one being listed for almost $1,000) for my budget and I have no intent to ever get rid of it. 

I do have some things of value that I'd be willing to add for trade.

- an Xecuter 3
- an X3 pro switch
- 2 complete translucent clear ghost cases
- 1 complete translucent red ghost case

Doesn't hurt to try asking the community and I hope I can return back to the community with a debug kit.

Thanks, Zerg

Modding a console for debugging and coding is analogous to having a development/debug kit. You are not missing out on anything as long as you you have the 128MB of RAM for debug overhead. Especially with the serial output kit that Ernegien made. Just set up the debug dash, hook up the serial debugger, and install Visual Studio 2003 with the XDK. You can do anything a developer could do. :)

• 3 weeks later...

yes like the others said already, if its not for collecting you can convert a retail xbox to a debug kit.

things to keep in mind, if you have a 1.3, 1.4 you need to reconnect the lframe signal to the 3th pin of the lpc, if you have a 1.6 you need to rebuild the complete lpc.

with a 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 the lframe is already connected to the 3th pin

upgrade your ram to 128mb

search and download the debug dash online and use cerbios as bios (this is also a debug bios)

and build yourself a superio for kernel debugging: https://github.com/XboxDev/serial-usb-adapter#software

• Thanks 1