OGXbox.com

I have an XEcuter 3 Transparent Blue faceplate - is it still worth anything?

WhiteBeard

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Dempsey_86 said:

1100 pounds. Wow. I'm really glad I had a NOS Control Panel to restore my X3 box with. That was very lucky. And I still have my old Control Panel! Waiting for another x3 to aquire... :) Needs a bank button though. Somebody moved the console without asking me, knocked it off and lost it.

16942887400468792829807649243822.jpg

and the old one...

16942887986131590791615252797093.jpg

Hey guys, how much would it cost me or would I have to invest to start selling these and to have them start being made? These scalp prices are ridiculous... It can't be that much to invest, can it? I don't know much about this sort of thing...

11 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Hey guys, how much would it cost me or would I have to invest to start selling these and to have them start being made? These scalp prices are ridiculous... It can't be that much to invest, can it? I don't know much about this sort of thing...

Don't think about it, I know someone who informed to make these ant it was 30000 usd to make the molds and some samples. You can never get that investment back in a community this small like the xbox scene.

1 hour ago, Dempsey_86 said:

Don't think about it, I know someone who informed to make these ant it was 30000 usd to make the molds and some samples. You can never get that investment back in a community this small like the xbox scene.

Jesus f****** Christ! That's literally all I have. lol. No, I wouldn't be able to make that back probably. Isn't there another way to do this? Or is there only one way? Besides 3D printing, of course.

That's astronomical

There are people who 3d printed the x3cp, but thats not the same quality ofc

Is that the only other option?

25 minutes ago, Dempsey_86 said:

why do you say this so late to me? 😛

I was at the assumtion that you alreay bought a frontpanel and your wife will kick out of the door when you buy more. But, if you feel better, I can write you next time I see something new.

23 minutes ago, Dempsey_86 said:

@sweetdarkdestiny

Just checking this site, wtf is this?

Schermafbeelding 2023-09-10 om 15.50.15.png

Not to sure here. Saw it a couple of times starting with 300,- €. I feel sad for that poor little xbox.  

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

I was at the assumtion that you alreay bought a frontpanel and your wife will kick out of the door when you buy more. But, if you feel better, I can write you next time I see something new.

haha ,a good friend of me want a modded xbox and I will give him one of mine, so there is space left for an extra x3cp now

edit, I have also one with an blown motherboard because I did soldered a ramchip the wrong side in, I think I fried the gpu partly because now I have artifacts and its not stable anymore, so thats one for parts only

Edited by Dempsey_86

29 minutes ago, Dempsey_86 said:

edit, I have also one with an blown motherboard because I did soldered a ramchip the wrong side in, I think I fried the gpu partly because now I have artifacts and its not stable anymore, so thats one for parts only

That should not be a problem. As I writen in a different topic it should harm the XBox when soldering a ram chip the wrong way. A guy on eBay from which I bought ram chips, did that on his xbox and nothing happend to it. Anyway, if you can solder a GPU I could send you one or two or three for free since I have a couple of them for each version. ;)

21 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

That should not be a problem. As I writen in a different topic it should harm the XBox when soldering a ram chip the wrong way. A guy on eBay from which I bought ram chips, did that on his xbox and nothing happend to it. Anyway, if you can solder a GPU I could send you one or two or three for free since I have a couple of them for each version. ;)

I cant solder GPUs unfortunately, but I replaced the encoder with no success

6 hours ago, Dempsey_86 said:

@Bowlsnapper

You can find the 3d print file here if you want to test: LINK

Thats the result of the 3D print, the xecuter xtender is also 3D printed here in this example. Tbh it's nice how this is possible, but you can see its not the real thing ofc.

image.thumb.jpeg.b6479b9ff769ca698c56db036e1be1ae.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.87a5a56b834d09036d417a44ca76883b.jpeg

Okay, I can see the texture now. Yes it looks different from the rest of the surface, however, it's still a control panel. And the lighting and switches were still done satisfactorily. Its not THAT bad. lol.

And yes, the listing is way too expensive. I can appreciate him trying to get as much as he can but damn dude.

19 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Okay, I can see the texture now. Yes it looks different from the rest of the surface, however, it's still a control panel. And the lighting and switches were still done satisfactorily. Its not THAT bad. lol.

If you look at these pictures it looks better in my eyes. I even think the smoke one is the same as in the pictures with the full xbox

x3cp3dprint.jpg

x3cp3dprint2.jpg

If you look at these pictures it looks better in my eyes. I even think the smoke one is the same as in the pictures with the full xbox

x3cp3dprint.jpg

x3cp3dprint2.jpg

Oh my GOD Demps... Where did you find these photos? Who made these? THIS is what I would like to do. It requires a much smaller investment and can be commissioned on a one-by-one basis. I'm sure it would help people get the Control Panels they need for their boxes, as I'm sure there are plenty of people with X3s who would like one.

Are you able to help me track this person down? They even got the texture pretty decent too! I'm impressed! I don't even know how it's possible to texture plastic like that without a mold...

Is the translucent one in the top picture really printed?