OGXbox.com

Cheapmod Mini - a brand-new Cheapmod-based modchip for the OG Xbox

SylverReZ

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, ChriZz said:

One question, the lframe signal is required for a cheapmod. Is that right? Then this chip variant is only for 1.0-1.2 and 1.6. For the others you would have to use the mcpx sand slightly on the side to get to the via? Greetings

5 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

What are you asking, buddy? I'm a bit unclear.

13 minutes ago, ChriZz said:

What exactly don't you understand?

Okay. First, for any mod, D0 is the signal required for 1.0 to 1.4.. Lframe is the 1.6 version of D0. Ideally the trace should be cut when activated by ground, because the Lframe signal is so strong that it breaks things. D0 will not do this and can be grounded all the time. I have never heard of sanding the MCPX to get to a via with any mod chip. They all work the same: the D0/Lframe is grounded which tells the MCPX to load the bios from the LPC instead of the TSOP. It does and you are running a hacked Xbox. 

D0 and Lframe points are easily googled. They are very accessible. D0 for 1.0 to 1.4, and Lframe is 1.6.

That is why your post confuses me, sir. :P

49 minutes ago, ChriZz said:

https://xboxdevwiki.net/LPC_Debug_Port#LFRAME.23_reconnect

That's why I ask. see link. This cheap mod where the SST 49LF020 is connected directly to the LPC requires the lframe signal, which is not available on the LPC in certain versions. I hope that's understandable and you know what I mean.

Please trust me. It's D0 that needs to be grounded to activate an LPC boot on everything other than a 1.6. Lframe may exist in some form on 1.3 to 1.4, but is not used. D0 is. Lframe is only used on the 1.6 to trigger a chip boot. I've modded every motherboard revision out there. This is how it works. :)

I do not know what is going on with the GitHub and why 1.3 to 1.4 have been left out, but they don't work any different than the 3 previous versions and should work fine.

The 1.6 requires an LPC rebuild. That is the only practical difference other than needing to cut an Lframe trace. You don't HAVE to cut Lframe and it will work without cutting the trace, but Lframe (the 1.6 version of D0) has a lot of current and isn't a good idea to keep traced up.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I've built a few of these with the correct 49LF020 pre-programmed the chip with Cerbios-hybrid and cant seem to get one to boot in my v1.6 with LFrame rebuilt, my xenium boots fine in the same xbox, checked i'm getting 3.3v to the chip correctly still cant get a boot?

Also cannot get the 49LF020 to be detected by any TSOP flasher are there any extra connection needed to id correctly?

I've had boards made of the 1.1 rev btw

Thanks

1 hour ago, dirtykash said:

I've built a few of these with the correct 49LF020 pre-programmed the chip with Cerbios-hybrid and cant seem to get one to boot in my v1.6 with LFrame rebuilt, my xenium boots fine in the same xbox, checked i'm getting 3.3v to the chip correctly still cant get a boot?

Also cannot get the 49LF020 to be detected by any TSOP flasher are there any extra connection needed to id correctly?

I've had boards made of the 1.1 rev btw

Thanks

You have a fake 49LF020 chip, which frankly does not work with cheapmods. This is why I would recommend you to buy the chips from here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124518077957

This is the exact place I bought my chips from Italy, are these genuine?

If so what else could be the issue here?

They do boot fine with Cerbios when the 49LF020 is installed on an aladdin btw (the way I programmed the chip)

Edited by dirtykash
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, dirtykash said:

This is the exact place I bought my chips from Italy, are these genuine?

If so what else could be the issue here?

They do boot fine with Cerbios when the 49LF020 is installed on an aladdin btw (the way I programmed the chip)

Did you position the modchip correctly as the diagram shows?

Screenshot_2024-02-22_14-02-42.png.ce45398b3d26404451a82c9f153fc9e5.png

(don't worry about the wire, this board was in near-final stages)

The chip must be placed below the pin header. Since your console is a 1.6, you should ensure that pin 4 on the LPC isn't connected to anything and that the LPC port has been rebuilt.

Edited by SylverReZ

Yes, correct installation pin 4 removed on header all soldering looks fine, have built 5-6 and have the same with all, tried the red wire connection as above no difference presume that's to remove write protection?

Only other thing to try is the power fix diagram you have, although the power does seem fine at 3.29v at the chip.

Edited by dirtykash
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dirtykash said:

Yes, correct installation pin 4 removed on header all soldering looks fine, have built 5-6 and have the same with all, tried the red wire connection as above no difference presume that's to remove write protection?

Only other thing to try is the power fix diagram you have, although the power does seem fine at 3.29v at the chip.

The red wire connection was added by me because I accidentally forgot to add pin 29 and 28 to GND.

Double check your soldering connections on the LPC header and reflow, then try again.