OGXbox.com

How I do my controller port LED mods

Just a little heads up. You steal your self room to work with. You don't need any wire and there is also no need to cut the housing. Bent the pins of the LED to your needs and strip them down as mutch as needed. It will also become more stable if you solder the LED like you did. 

You could also turn arround the LED so the light up the metal housing. That way you have a more smooth lightning without a spot. 

But other than that, good first job. :)

E: VHS for scale? 🤣

E2: Pic : https://imgur.com/a/Zp7mLL0

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Just a little heads up. You steal your self room to work with. You don't need any wire and there is also no need to cut the housing. Bent the pins of the LED to your needs and strip them down as mutch as needed. It will also become more stable if you solder the LED like you did. 

You could also turn arround the LED so the light up the metal housing. That way you have a more smooth lightning without a spot. 

But other than that, good first job. :)

E: VHS for scale? 🤣

E2: Pic : https://imgur.com/a/Zp7mLL0

I've done it once before in 2004... Much worse then. I did what you were describing and it was a pain in the ass. I know I don't NEED to use wire. It's just to make my job easier. I don't have to adjust the shit out of the legs and it reduces the amount of time I'm fucking with it. I might do that next time, though! I'll give it a shot. Refine the process.

But thanks man. :)

The LEDs have 360 coverage because they're diffuse. So they spread the light great WHILE pointing forward. No real directionality.

• Sad 1

First movie was Dante's Peak.

Hey, this movie is fucking INTENSE. Special effects are slammin for 1997. Not a single dull moment or scene once it gets rolling, and it does so QUICKLY. All a living hell... And that chick is HOT.

Lol. They shoulda listened to Pierce Brosnan. Whole town practically died.

PXL_20230622_040813352.jpg

• 9 months later...