OGXbox.com

Halo 2 Ice Blue Xbox - black jewel (Asia Edition I think?)

So I've been doing a bit of research to try and find out more about this OG Xbox Halo 2 Edition I have - it's a Ice Blue Halo 2 Release edition with the Black Xbox logo on the top "Black jewel" I beleive it's refered to.

Some sites I have found (https://gamingdoc.org/) & (https://consolemods.org/) - list the serial numbers as both: 2NNNNNN 51805 , 2NNNNNN 50805

Are these internal board Serial Numbers? The xbox is still in it's plastic bag packaging so I'm not going to open it to check but on the stick externally - it has 4044117 51505 :SERIAL NO. & 241 4044117 51505 :PRODUCT ID

Does anyone know anything more about this? Like can I confirm the unit I have is actually the Xbox Halo 2 Edition from Asia ? (PAL) I'm in Australia so it's likely from the Asian Market.

Considering it's still in it's plastic bag sealed - Are these things considered rare still? Thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide me with!

I'll attach the photos I have in the next comment from my phone.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the SPAM... with the 4MB file size limit, kinda hard these days with modern phones. For you viewing

On 6/19/2023 at 6:58 PM, Bowlsnapper said:

You only have one photo? Man, that thing's 1.6 as fuck. Look at the date. I like the plastic. Good sign :)

2 hours ago, Mezmarr said:

Sorry to also be misinformed, I'm not sure what "1.6 as fuck" really means 😂 

haha i think he means its probably the last console ever to leave the factory looking at the date (1.6 being the last motherboard version the xbox had)

Edited by JoeBlack2k
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

That is exactly correct. Lol. I've never even seen a manufacture date that late, honestly.

Sure. So what does that mean for the console's rarity and is this definitely one of the Halo 2 consoles, everything picture wise looks like it is, but if manufacturer date is so late (after halo 2 release) what other console could it be?

Just now, Mezmarr said:

Sure. So what does that mean for the console's rarity and is this definitely one of the Halo 2 consoles, everything picture wise looks like it is, but if manufacturer date is so late (after halo 2 release) what other console could it be?

I just noticed that there are zero shots of the front panel. Would you mind taking one? I think there were blue Halo editions but they were obviously very rare. It would be odd to counterfeit a Halo edition in blue.

9 hours ago, Mezmarr said:

image.thumb.jpeg.abc9ef58560799136420f339e018d627.jpeg

This one doesn't show what you need? It would be halo 2 edition. The reference I've found all look the same as mine. Halo 2 Ice Blue asian release - main difference is the jewel on top, black is the Asian market vs white for NA and Canada as far as I could see

• 5 months later...
On 7/6/2023 at 7:34 AM, Bowlsnapper said:

Are you sure it's a Halo edition? It was manufactured pretty late in the Xbox timeline.... And it doesn't say Halo 2 on it as far as I can tell. 

Yeah man, as far as I can see: https://consolevariations.com/collectibles/microsoft-halo-2-bundle-asia

It fits all of the criteria for this console variation. As mentioned they seem to be just so rare that you don't see them all that often, even trying to research about it is hard. Keeping in mind the rarity goes up because I'm in Australia so the edition is quite limited to specific markets. According to consolecariations.com it mentions "Amount Produced Estimate
Between 5k - 10k"

• Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 3:58 AM, GoTeamScotch said:

Nice looking kit there. That blue console with the black jewel is one of my holy grail items. I've always wanted that variant but they're always so expensive. Lol. Hope you got this thing setup in a display case or something. I would. 😁

It's one of those things hey, the crazy story is - this was recovered from a business that was going to throw it out but just happened to know that I like tech and they asked if I'd like it. I said $50 for this one + the faulty (video output problem) Halo 1 Transparent Green one. Turns out this Blue one is a gem and it's still in a bag sealed, never powered on...

1 hour ago, Mezmarr said:

It's one of those things hey, the crazy story is - this was recovered from a business that was going to throw it out but just happened to know that I like tech and they asked if I'd like it. I said $50 for this one + the faulty (video output problem) Halo 1 Transparent Green one. Turns out this Blue one is a gem and it's still in a bag sealed, never powered on...

Oh my god...

2 hours ago, Mezmarr said:

I’ve gotten lucky with people and places getting rids of electronics before but never a find like that and still sealed in the bag. Awesome! :D