OGXbox.com

SmartXX V2 Modchip and big Hdds (2TB drive)

Estrichleger

46 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

looks like @SoftMachine here had the same idea :)

Cool. :) I’d love to do some that were oriented correctly (for the Xbox) without having to do the twisted around connection at the dvd drive. Other than that they fold fine. Unfortunately it looks like his link for the ribbon cable on that site is out of stock. Maybe there’s another source out there though. Digikey has ribbon cable but I haven’t looked specifically for the 80 conductor 40 pin type. If you run across one that looks decent let me know. I’d definitely be up for making some custom ones on my end to play around with on my systems and others I’m doing hdd upgrades on. 

I would imagine the same adage is true for this cable though. You get what you pay for. The cheap spools of ribbon cable will be similar to the garbage cables you buy from Ali and other places. Hopefully there’s a happy medium for spooled ribbon cables that isn’t cost prohibitive. :)