Sign in to follow this  
BobbenSun

Gold and Black Caps

Hello ! 

Just wondering if anyone has a good place to order the gold and black clock caps for a 1.6. I'm in North America :)

Like a newb, I removed them too, as I was doing a bunch of boxes at the same time. Now my cristal is not turning on at all lol. 

I need new replacement caps !!! 

.... Links please !! :D

Here is one of many places Google is you friend.

Please login or register to see this link.

What other caps did you remove and WHY?

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Here is one of many places Google is you friend.

Please login or register to see this link.

What other caps did you remove and WHY?

None other. I was replacing clock caps on 8 different consoles, and after checking clock caps, ..... yeah. I fudged up lol

Must be a climate thing because out of the dozen or more Xbox's I have looked at/have in the last 12 months I have only seen 2 x version 1.1 units with leaky clock cap's and 1 Version 1.2 with bulging caps.

SS Dave

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

Must be a climate thing because out of the dozen or more Xbox's I have looked at/have in the last 12 months I have only seen 2 x version 1.1 units with leaky clock cap's and 1 Version 1.2 with bulging caps.

SS Dave

Definitely so, maybe humidity. I have two 1.1 consoles, a 1.0, and a 1.5 here in OK, all of which are subject to bad clock cap leakage. 

Picked Up a couple 1.5’s from the west coast and they’re the cleanest boards I’ve ever seen. 

Also no need for clock cap replacement on 1.6. They *should* be okay...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By Mahbyt
      Hello guys,

We just bought an old Xbox and when trying to install Rocky5 on it using Splinter Cell, we only get a black screen when loading the save.

The front LED turned to red and nothing. The TV still says it has a 50Hz signal coming.

The saves we used previously modded another Xbox successfully, is there something we're missing? Like a hardware revision limitation or rewriting the saves ?

Thanks in advance bros.
    • By duox7142
      Hey all,
      On my xbox, I enable 16:9, and it works fine on all the skins I've used, except the xbox spinner on the left included in the default skin and others, looks very narrow, as if instead of spreading wider for 16:9, it is narrower. Is there a fix for that? 
    • By phyuck_Yiu
      Hello, I just softmodded my Xbox I just got this week using Rocky5. I followed Mr.Mario11's softmod tutorial and every screen corresponded. I used the softmod tools extras kit and installed the Stock MS Dash 5960. Now when I put in a game disk, the xbox logo runs with sound and then the screen goes black when trying to load game disk(have tried different CDs). I tried to FTP a game to HDD. Xbox logo loads, am able to get rocky5 dash but game does not load(Have tried different games). When loading from HDD, xbox color of disk ejection is orange still. Xbox had not been opened, original HDD. I have tried different A/V cables. It always loads the first dashboard but not the second one.
      Does anyone know how to fix this?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.