Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

wikati

Change Language

Hey, so i have an xbox that was running UX dash had been softmodded and was in french

i fixed it all up and have everything how i want it.... except the default language keeps going back to french whenever i switch it to english and then power down... anything come to mind?

Good question. any idea on how to tell without any knowledge what i did prior to this point? i appreciate you droppin in.

What end up happening is i booted with the dvd drive open to boot to the xbox dash and changed the language., then power-off/power-on the language change stuck..
I had been booting xboxdash.xbe from file manager in xbmc and changing language.

it wouldnt stick.

So, that must be a virtual C? because there seems to be another installation on a seperate partition. R:

Seems to be working. I was surprised the game carried the language change,

I have never had the language issue but I have used Rocky5's Soft Mod tools to return the unit back to its' default state and then re-do the Soft Mod.  I still prefer the Splinter Cell / Game Save way of Soft Modding vs. using like a utilities disk though.

I ended up getting it to stick by booting to the microsoft dash. boot with the disk drive ejected.

when i changed it from there it seemed to stick.

I used Hexen LXHDM option to "rebuild the drive" i guess it does like a full reinstall, works well.

On 12/14/2017 at 10:45 AM, mkulrey13 said:

I need to do this on my Crystal. It boots french and i have no idea as i cant read one word in french and i took that language in high school lol.

Try the way i did it?

I use my gut when i navigating french. trying to think on a total translation would just sit me down. UnleashX was making it rather easy to find language settings.