Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

Sign in to follow this  
Self

Hard Drive Indicator Led Video Install

Self    9

Video from my YouTube channel on how to wire up an HDD indicator LED just for the hell of it. Lol. Enjoy! 

• Like 2

MvZiC MaN    17

How did you manage to paint the numbers above the controller ports? Thats something id like to do but last time i tried to, it didnt turn out so good.

Self    9

Went camping out of town so haven't been active for a bit. 

Anyway. I bought an assortment of small brushes from Hobby Lobby and used the smallest available. One coat of white and then I just paint over it with whatever color. Used Testor model paint. Takes a bit of practice as you have to be very gentle so the bristles don't separate, overlap the lettering, and touch the face plate.  If you want something similar in size and raised to practice on, go into McDonald's and get a drink. On your way out snag a handful of small lids. The McDonald's "arches" are perfect to practice on and are free. Lolol. 

• Like 1

MvZiC MaN    17
11 hours ago, Self said:

Went camping out of town so haven't been active for a bit. 

Anyway. I bought an assortment of small brushes from Hobby Lobby and used the smallest available. One coat of white and then I just paint over it with whatever color. Used Testor model paint. Takes a bit of practice as you have to be very gentle so the bristles don't separate, overlap the lettering, and touch the face plate.  If you want something similar in size and raised to practice on, go into McDonald's and get a drink. On your way out snag a handful of small lids. The McDonald's "arches" are perfect to practice on and are free. Lolol. 

awesome! thanks man. will have to practice for sure. Great video BTW!