OGXbox.com

Corrupt eeprom

tomahawk

I have a Black xbox 1.6 Excalibur hard modded with Xecuter 2.6 and the xbox is running just fine and it seems there are no problems...I lost the original backup so made another with slayers disc, problem is when I try to read the backed up eeprom with
Liveinfo Beta 3 I get this message (This EEprom could not be decrypted! This is not a Valid V1.0 or V1.1 EEprom image)
So I tried to make a backup with config magic and get error4 eeprom is corrupt message...
Should I be worried as xbox is running fine? or is there an easy way to fix the corrupt eeprom...thanks

3 hours ago, tomahawk said:

I have a Black xbox 1.6 Excalibur hard modded with Xecuter 2.6 and the xbox is running just fine and it seems there are no problems...I lost the original backup so made another with slayers disc, problem is when I try to read the backed up eeprom with
Liveinfo Beta 3 I get this message (This EEprom could not be decrypted! This is not a Valid V1.0 or V1.1 EEprom image)
So I tried to make a backup with config magic and get error4 eeprom is corrupt message...
Should I be worried as xbox is running fine? or is there an easy way to fix the corrupt eeprom...thanks

Does LiveInfo Beta 3 have XBOX Version 1.6 listed in the top Xbox Version dropdown.  If not, you don't have the latest verson that knows about v1.0, v1.1-1.4 and v1.6 EEPROM encryption differences.

931126996_LiveInfoBeta3v1.6screenshot.PNG.6db0ea35968b2457da66f64ad6e1fe79.PNG

3 hours ago, tomahawk said:

There's also a v1.6 compatible version of ConfigMagic.  Sounds like you have a version of it that only works on v1.0-1.4 Xbox versions too.

I used them both

1= LiveInfo Beta 3 the one that knows about v1.0, v1.1-1.4 and v1.6 EEPROM encryption differences. It gave me this message (This EEprom could not be decrypted! This is not a Valid V1.0 or V1.1 EEprom image)

2= ConfigMagic v1.6 compatible version it gave me this message error4 eeprom is corrupt.

Could I flash an eeprom from another working 1.6 xbox backup that I have to it? or just leave as it is seing as xbox is working

Edited by tomahawk

1 hour ago, tomahawk said:

I used them both

1= LiveInfo Beta 3 the one that knows about v1.0, v1.1-1.4 and v1.6 EEPROM encryption differences. It gave me this message (This EEprom could not be decrypted! This is not a Valid V1.0 or V1.1 EEprom image)

2= ConfigMagic v1.6 compatible version it gave me this message error4 eeprom is corrupt.

Could I flash an eeprom from another working 1.6 xbox backup that I have to it? or just leave as it is seing as xbox is working

Don't do anything to your Xbox.  I believe both programs have a coding bug causing them to state that your eeprom is corrupt. More research to be done to determine where the problem lies.

If it was corrupt, the eject ring would be flashing RED when you powered on the Xbox.