vwboywonder

Wiping Hard Drive

Upgraded my tsop xbox with a 2tb hard drive which replaced the 500gb sata drive, I have tried wiping this drive 500gb but windows or Linux refuses to because it doesn't see it correctly, what am I doing wrong, I don't want to brick the drive. 

Hi vwboywonder

Try using a partition program to change it from XFAT to NTFS.

Then do a full/Slow Format.

I use AOMEI Partition Assistant but there are plenty others out there.

Cheers

SS_Dave

Thanks for the help SS_Dave, found the reason why I wasn't able to format the drive, it was locked so put it back in xbox, used config magic to unlock the hard drive then I was able format the drive. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By satchsatch33
      Hi,
      Could someone tell me please if it's possible to use a 2tb hard drive (or either 3tb) on a softmodded console ? 
      Regards.
    • By Matthers
      Hi
      Looks like the power supply of my Xbox has died and was going to swap it with another Xbox a friend gave me, but turns out the hardware got changed somewhere along the lines and it's not do-able to swap the power supplies, so figured i'd just swap the hard drive instead allowing me to keep my games/dashboard etc.  It's been a long time since i soldered the chip on my dead Xbox and the other one i have has a different chip.  Anyway, am getting 06, 13 and 21 errors on the Xbox with the newly installed hard drive.
      Is there anyway to keep my existing files on my original hard drive?   Remember something about the locking key on the Xbox hard drive - do i need to copy this over from the hard drive i removed?  Am looking at downloading the Hexen disc to start off.  Any help would be great.  Thanks

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.