Jump to content
OGXbox.com

Untimely Intro


Recommended Posts

Hello! I've technically been a part of this forum for a year now but had gotten caught up and busy with college. Fortunately that is all behind me now and I've had time to dive into the modding community for the Xbox. This stuff is all new to me and pretty much learning how everything works as I go. It's definitely much more different than modding a 3DS or something of the similar like.

In any case, I hope to talk with fellow forum members and learn from those much more experienced than I.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, if anyone could possibly explain why some games transferred through ftp to play off HDD freeze at the start of the game, I would really appreciate it. I've looked into patching the .xbe and doing the acl processing through dvd2xbox but I think I am missing something or possibly just a bad rip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2022 at 6:38 PM, MrLonely said:

Also, if anyone could possibly explain why some games transferred through ftp to play off HDD freeze at the start of the game, I would really appreciate it. I've looked into patching the .xbe and doing the acl processing through dvd2xbox but I think I am missing something or possibly just a bad rip.

Did you download these online through archive.org or did you rip it yourself? Some of those rips in the archive are iffy which is why i ask.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, JackedLynx said:

Did you download these online through archive.org or did you rip it yourself? Some of those rips in the archive are iffy which is why i ask.

yeah they are mainly from archive.org. I also tried a hdd tested copy from NextGenRoms as it seemed like those guys were fixing some of the errors that the games would have. I've been trying to get Burnout Revenge to work. I have a physical copy but its been tortured beyond use :/ So I resorted to getting a ripped copy to work. I've tried the hdd ready archive and also tried extracting the redump version using Mulleter. I read that you can also split and mount an xiso to run but havent figured that out yet. Also I am unable to burn any iso's to a disc if that was a better option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/20/2022 at 10:29 PM, MrLonely said:

yeah they are mainly from archive.org. I also tried a hdd tested copy from NextGenRoms as it seemed like those guys were fixing some of the errors that the games would have. I've been trying to get Burnout Revenge to work. I have a physical copy but its been tortured beyond use :/ So I resorted to getting a ripped copy to work. I've tried the hdd ready archive and also tried extracting the redump version using Mulleter. I read that you can also split and mount an xiso to run but havent figured that out yet. Also I am unable to burn any iso's to a disc if that was a better option.

Sorry for the late reply, but i've played the archive.org copy of Burnout Revenge and it worked fine. when you're FTP-ing these, what application do you use and are you doing binary transfers or ASCII? i'm wondering if you're missing files or if they're corrupt after transferring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2022 at 5:59 AM, JackedLynx said:

Sorry for the late reply, but i've played the archive.org copy of Burnout Revenge and it worked fine. when you're FTP-ing these, what application do you use and are you doing binary transfers or ASCII? i'm wondering if you're missing files or if they're corrupt after transferring.

So I am using Filezilla on binary mode to transfer everything I've gotten over to my xbox. I've had other games from archive.org work fine and others that don't. Red dead revolver and Halo CE were both redumps from archive.org that I got to work. So I was assuming it was a bad dump but perhaps it is the transfer that is causing the problem and that would definitely make more sense.

One thing that I wanted to mention is that I do the FTP transfer through my OpenXenium modchip rather than through the dashboard. I was having trouble getting the ftp server to connect through the dashboard so I've been doing it through the modchip ever since I put it in. Just wanted to throw that in there just in case that could be part of the problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2022 at 10:37 PM, MrLonely said:

So I am using Filezilla on binary mode to transfer everything I've gotten over to my xbox. I've had other games from archive.org work fine and others that don't. Red dead revolver and Halo CE were both redumps from archive.org that I got to work. So I was assuming it was a bad dump but perhaps it is the transfer that is causing the problem and that would definitely make more sense.

One thing that I wanted to mention is that I do the FTP transfer through my OpenXenium modchip rather than through the dashboard. I was having trouble getting the ftp server to connect through the dashboard so I've been doing it through the modchip ever since I put it in. Just wanted to throw that in there just in case that could be part of the problem.

I'd check your network settings in the dashboard on your xbox, i've never had much success FTP-ing via my OpenXenium chip, it seems to time out a lot with FileZilla. Do your transfers time out at all? There's some really good FTP setup videos on youtube, i can send you some of the ones that helped me in the past if you want. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, JackedLynx said:

I'd check your network settings in the dashboard on your xbox, i've never had much success FTP-ing via my OpenXenium chip, it seems to time out a lot with FileZilla. Do your transfers time out at all? There's some really good FTP setup videos on youtube, i can send you some of the ones that helped me in the past if you want. 

I'd appreciate some tutorial videos. I know that I am to run a static IP since im doing this through a x over cable and that pretty much the setup should be the same on my UnleashX dashboard settings. I just remember it not auto detecting or something.

I have noticed that there can be times where it does time out or disconnect but its never been during a transfer process as far as I can tell. But I always thought it was probably not the best to transfer in the way I do. I just transferred a large batch of files (about 12000) for the final burn legends emulator I was trying out and it had no problems at all getting them on to my Xbox, though that is a bit different as the files might be smaller in size.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.