Pardon the noobness but I've currently resurrected an Xbox and cloned it to a 2TB hard drive.

I've added the latest version I can find of XBMC and am able to see the G: partition in FTP sessions but looks like Unleash X still can't see it?  

I have a copy of Please login or register to see this link.  and wanted to upgrade to that but can't find any resources for updating without the live update feature.

Can anyone link any available documentation or possibly some advice on how to proceed?  

Also, if there is any go-to guides to getting everything current can you please provide some links?  Reddit seems to be a little dodgy with content.

Thank you for your help!

you can just ftp and overwrite the unleash files with the new ones. but i mean i think the last time unleash was update was 2007. Before you do anything go into your settings on unleash, and enable F & G partitions. the config file for unleash can disable them

Ok thank you for that.  I enabled G: in the Settings and am now able to see games I put on this partition.  

Looks like the Dash version I'm on is 0.38.0515A Build 565 so maybe a minor update? 

Anyways I'm updated now with the G drive showing.  

Are there any good recommendations for modern skins? I found Please login or register to see this link.  lurking through old posts but don't know if there are more around.

47 minutes ago, immaburrama said:

Ok thank you for that.  I enabled G: in the Settings and am now able to see games I put on this partition.  

Looks like the Dash version I'm on is 0.38.0515A Build 565 so maybe a minor update? 

Anyways I'm updated now with the G drive showing.  

Are there any good recommendations for modern skins? I found Please login or register to see this link.  lurking through old posts but don't know if there are more around.

To be honest I just prefer the default skins in the various color shades. the Ogxbox(this forum) one is very nice too, its clean. The one that comes with the jcrocky5 softmod is so nice too, once again very clean. Yes the small update may be worth it who knows. It should be as simple as overwriting the config file and default.xbe for unleash. dont change paths or anything.

Since I didn't softmod my system  from the softmodding tool (Only cloned) what directories would I extract to my skins directory to get the standard backgrounds? 

My best guess is I extract the "Please login or register to see this link. " directories into to my skins folder.  

just find the config file for unleash x, i think its called config.cfg or config.xml. open it in notepad, and ctrl+f skins. Actually i think you can go on your xbox and it tells you somewhere in settings too "skins path" or something

Edited by cOrPsE

Yes, the Info page obtained by press the Y button will show the Path and Physical Location that the dashboard is running from, which xbe file.

5bd6c333c039d_UnleashXsExecubtablePathfromSystemInfoscreen.png.f4fb16a6af288d7373a518b6263fbf7e.png

The physical location will look something like:

\Device\HardDisk0\PartitionN\<subfolder(s)>\default.xbe where: 

Partition1 is the E: drive

Partition2 the C: drive

Partition6 = F:, and 

Partition7 = G:

3, 4 and 5 are the X, Y and Z game cache drives respectively.

The Skins Path is found under System -> Settings -> System.  Scroll down to the Skin subsection:

5bd6c09123292_UnleashXSkinsPath.png.022b23750b9eefea916b03e717ba5a7c.png

As shown above, the Skins Path value of Skins means they are found in a subfolder named Skins under the Path previously found for the dashboard's XBE file on the System Info page displayed by pressing the Y button.  Press B to go back to the previous menu page.

UnleashX version 0.39.528A Build 584 is the last release.  It does have a bug when used with the FileZilla FTP client displaying the root directory listing, drive letters, making it impossible to enter them by double-clicking on the drive letter.  There's extraneous date text on each drive letter entry - sometimes. 

Rocky5 has hex edit patched the version he includes in his Xbox Softmodding Tool Build v1.1.4 to fix this issue.  From what I recall, he sets the date to a fixed value for all file transfers. 

The bug occurs in UnleashX's timestamp string processing.  Sometimes the glitch does not occur; however, more often than not it does.

The next to last release, UnleashX v0.39.0222A Build 572, does not seem to have this FTP server timestamp processing glitch.

Edited by KaosEngineer
  • Like 2