OGXbox.com

EvoX 128MB Bios Pack - XBox v1.0-v1.6

sweetdarkdestiny

2 hours ago, MadMartigan said:

What does “these” reference? 

These 128MB EVOX ROM modifications. I think they are based on m8 plus?  I tried a few of the UDMA builds for non-HDMI systems on my v1.0 and IGR wasn't functional. 

I also found some talk elsewhere about IGR not working with it.

Edited by tiertop
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, tiertop said:

These 128MB EVOX ROM modifications.  I tried a few of the UDMA builds for non-HDMI systems on my v1.0 and IGR wasn't functional.  That was probably a year ago though so I could be remembering wrong.

It may have been a non-standard button combo. Or more likely, or hard-coded off with EVtools when patching.

4 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

It may have been a non-standard button combo. Or more likely, it was disabled in the ini... or hard-coded off with EVtools when patching.

I didn't have any INI in use.  I think I tried EVTool on it.

Actually I think I even tried taking the  original m8 Plus and patching it myself and the patch caused IGR to be disabled.

Edited by tiertop

6 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Sorry, no ini. I was mixed up.

With EVTool, you couldn't enable IGR to work?

This is causing some memories to surface.

After playing with these prebuilt releases from around the web, and finding IGR non-working, I looked around more and found the github with python patcher:

https://github.com/gaasedelen/titan

I patched an original m8 Plus myself and the patch itself is what disables IGR.  I don't think you can load the final patched builts into EVTool.

Edited by tiertop
  • Thanks 1

On 4/23/2024 at 11:10 AM, Bowlsnapper said:

It does? I haven't had any on all the consoles I've run it on... What issues are you experiencing?

On 1.6 consoles, RGB Scart (no video) , S-video (noise) , composite (noise and color artifacts) 

Only Component is working properly, for CRT afficionados EvolutionX M8+ is still a goto bios

This is Only affecting 1.6 , my other boxes are smooth with Cerbios (ssds , UDMA5 all the jazz) , but the 1.6 is only revision that does proper RGB so it would be nice to have it working

Edited by Grizzled_85