Sign in to follow this  
Anarchy42085

Unleash X Boot Up Is Slow

Suggestions off the top of my head:

1) Use an SSD- this makes the whole boot process much quicker no matter how many games you load (not practical if you really need 2TB,  too expensive at this time, I use a 480GB SSD). Obvious and overkill.

2) When uploading via FTP, ensure you upload *one file at a time*. This can easily be set in Filezilla and helps reduce filesystem fragmentation. There are no known FATX defragmentation tools at this time so prevention is easier than cure. If you have been uploading multiple files at once, I would suggest to reformat and retransfer.

3) Use a patched version of UnleashX that does not search for and extract all the game icons on every boot (instead it is extracted when a game is first launched). Rocky5's softmod disc has this, you can download the part with the patched UnleashX here: Please login or register to see this link.  . This probably has negligible effect, since it still needs to search for the title in each XBE, but it might help.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By shaunme14
      Hi i messed my xbox up by deleting files off the c drive and to cut a long story short ive managed to get it running again using the hexen disc, i want to boot into XBMC4GAMERS which i have on my E drive, trouble is there is no default.xbe  on my c drive? there is just a IND bios config which says the following

DASH1=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\evoxdash.xbe
      DASH2=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\Dash\UnleashX\unleashx.xbe
      DASH3=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\Dash\EvolutionX\evoxdash.xbe
      DEFAULTXBE=\Device\CdRom0\default.xbe
      not sure why it says default xbe in cd rom because i have removed the Hexen disc? any help would be appreciated.
    • By Magicaldave
      Hey guys!
      I recently picked up a 1.5/128 console and am looking to trick it out as much as humanly possible. 
      First on my list is customizing the boot logos. I’ve managed to alter the “microsoft” text basically using MS paint, but the “XBOX” text above seems a bit trickier. 
      (My friend and I both have 4-letter names, so I’m sure you can see where this is going)
      I found some sample files and a guide posted by Rocky5 but the date on the guide is from 2004 and references 3DSMAX 6, which I can hardly even find mentions of on the web, let alone a functional copy.

Has anyone tried this recently? Particularly in Blender? I’m pretty savvy but have absolutely no experience in modeling so would appreciate any help that can be given. 
      Also: would love to have some insight into custom Flubber models as well. Thanks team!
      Actually last edit this time: ASSUMING your config is functional, is there a version of IND wherein the config file can be injected without killing the console? I’m not sure but I think mine is on 5003. Minimizing startup times is another major goal of this build (WOW does this BIOS boot fast /w no DVD!!)
    • By Tomos
      So I have a bunch of old halo 2 modded mappacks that when I ftp them over they are always labeled as "halo 2" under the game folder on unleashx. The problem is unleashx will only show one folder with that name. For example, the folder on my PC will be called something like Allied Mappack, but it shows up as halo 2 on unleashx. How do I fix this? 
      Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.