OGXbox.com

Test a second water damaged system.

alfredo2

Many thanks to you guys for helping a me out with my water damaged console. Now it is working again without switching off.

After going through my stored items I came across another xbox which was in the same container as my previous water damaged console. I never turned this one on so I am not sure if it works. I want to see what I can do with it. 

I am going to be a lot more cautious with this one so in regards to switching it on, what precautions should I take?

Thanks

I would open it up and look for any signs of corrosion then if's reasonably clean then power it on.

You can always upload some pics here if you are not sure.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

I would open it up and look for any signs of corrosion then if's reasonably clean then power it on.

You can always upload some pics here if you are not sure.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Okay, I have had a look at the board and psu, it looks okay. 

On one of my earlier posts you said something about AV cables causing damage to other devices if the console was damaged and connected to the same TV.

Should I unplug all other AV cables from the TV?

As long as the Xbox is dry it will be fine but if you are concerned then by all means test it 1st with nothing else connected

You could power the Xbox up with the AV lead  plugged in to the Xbox but not your screen 1st and as long as the xbox boots with out any flashing leds then it will be good to connect to your screen.

Cheers

SS Dave

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

As long as the Xbox is dry it will be fine but if you are concerned then by all means test it 1st with nothing else connected

You could power the Xbox up with the AV lead  plugged in to the Xbox but not your screen 1st and as long as the xbox boots with out any flashing leds then it will be good to connect to your screen.

Cheers

SS Dave

Thanks for your help.

I booted it up, everything seems to be in working order, the fan is dead though so I will have to see what I can do about that.