Ok I admit I am not a pro modder. Really only started learning stuff.
I purchased an already modded OG xbox. Works great but i really wanted to use a wheel and arcade joysticks with soo many games. Found the OGx360 device and bought the 4 controller capable one.
Plugged it in with a usb 4 port hub into the ogx360 and viola i had: an xbox 360 corded controller, a race wheel with pedals, and an arcade joystick 2 player board. I was able to turn off which controller i didnt need using the hub. Was soo happy!
It worked for about a day... Some reason the controllers all stopped being seen by the xbox. Troubleshooting Tried just 360 corded controller plugged into the ogx360 and it blinks one time does not show the lit up for player number. Which it did do before.
Tried switching which micro usb goes where but no effect. An Og xbox controller works so ports on xbox are good. And 360 controller works on a PC or 360 still. Same with wheel and arcade joysticks. So just the Ogx360 is fried?
Reached out to seller and got replacement. Yay!
But it worked again for about 2 days....
Now i see most people seem to just use a wireless adapter in the ogx360.
Is using the 4 port usb hub what is causing my ogx360 to like short out?
The devices i want to use are all corded so i dont need the wireless function just multiple USB.
I got a 1.6 Xbox off ebay today. Still works (minus the dvd drive, but I got several spare dvd drives), but the case is absolutely fucked in and out. After taking the controller ports out, I can't even put them back in - all but one of the posts for screws that hold the controller ports in are broken! I can only hold controller port 4 in with the intact post, all the other posts have big chunks broken off.
Is there anything I could rig up to hold the rest of the controller ports down, or bolt it down, or should I just try to find an intact 1.6 case?
I've seen others post similar things and get some great support and feedback so I'm hoping for the best and that you might be able to help me also?
I picked an Xbox up on Facebook Marketplace for £10 untested, plugged it in and it booted to an error - the DVD didn't make any sound. Switched out the DVD Drive and it booted to the dashboard first time.
Today I went to fit a mod chip - OpenXenium and now it won't boot at all. I'm quite an experienced solderer so I 'hope' I haven't damaged/done it wrong, but I'm at a loss what's going on. The clock capacitor had clearly been leaking, I desoldered and removed this and attempted to clean up with IPA. I'll post pictures of my board below and see what you all think.
here's the album https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157720121443403
Board Life Status
Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48