OGXbox.com

Possible to get dash to recognize game in ISO form?

TrantaLocked

In case I want to launch a game in ISO form ran with the attacher default.xbe instead of doing the regular route for game storage, is it possible to get the dashboard to recognize the ISO and list it in the Games section? I did edit the attacher default.xbe with the proper game title but that still didn't show up, neither in applications nor games.

Edit: I got it to recognize by putting the folder in my regular F/games folder. I was putting it in a separate ISOs folder but F/games is the only folder the dash seems to acknowledge for the games list.

Edited by TrantaLocked

How is your console modded: soft or hard?

each game be it a set of files or XISO disc image (dot iso) file and attach app renamed to default.xbe and internal XBE title changed to what you want listed for it in the Games menu, goes in F:/Games/<unique folder name - doesn't matter what it is called - just for you to know what's stored there>/.  The entry text for the menu is read from the default.xbe file (attach app) stored in the folder.

Which replacement dashboard are you using?  Check its configuration settings for the paths scanned for games.

13 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

How is your console modded: soft or hard?

each game be it a set of files or XISO disc image (dot iso) file and attach app renamed to default.xbe and internal XBE title changed to what you want listed for it in the Games menu, goes in F:/Games/<unique folder name - doesn't matter what it is called - just for you to know what's stored there>/.  The entry text for the menu is read from the default.xbe file (attach app) stored in the folder.

Which replacement dashboard are you using?  Check its configuration settings for the paths scanned for games.

Softmodded with rocky5 1.1.8. I use the default softmod dash as I prefer its plain style, and was not able to find a setting for path for games but I did find one for skins. I'm ok putting everything in games, I just expected it would recognize any game xbe on the entire drive not just in one path.

Edited by TrantaLocked

UnleashX's config.xml file sets the paths that are scanned by the various top-level menu items:

Applications, Emulators, Games, Homebrew.

Excerpt from the Xbox Softmodding Tools' UnleashX config.xml file:

<Menu>
		<Item Action="LaunchDVD">Launch Disc</Item>
		<List Text="Applications" Sort="On" DelayLoad="True">
			<Path>C:\Applications</Path>
			<Path>E:\Applications</Path>
			<Path>F:\Applications</Path>
			<Path>G:\Applications</Path>
			<Path>C:\Apps</Path>
			<Path>E:\Apps</Path>
			<Path>F:\Apps</Path>
			<Path>G:\Apps</Path>
		</List>
		<List Text="Emulators" Sort="On" DelayLoad="True">
			<Path>E:\Emulators</Path>
			<Path>F:\Emulators</Path>
			<Path>G:\Emulators</Path>
			<Path>E:\Emus</Path>
			<Path>F:\Emus</Path>
			<Path>G:\Emus</Path>
		</List>
		<List Text="Games" Sort="On" DelayLoad="True">
			<Path>E:\Games</Path>
			<Path>F:\Games</Path>
			<Path>G:\Games</Path>
		</List>
		<List Text="Homebrew" Sort="On" DelayLoad="True">
			<Path>E:\Homebrew</Path>
			<Path>F:\Homebrew</Path>
			<Path>G:\Homebrew</Path>
		</List>

Source: https://github.com/Rocky5/Xbox-Softmodding-Tool/blob/master/Save Folder/nkpatcher settings/configs/dash.xml (This file gets renamed to config.xml during the softmod installation.)

To find the location of your config.xml file press (Y) on the controller and scroll down to the UnleashX section to find the path to where UnleashX runs from:

https://imgur.com/kvR1jzR

10 hours ago, TrantaLocked said:

Softmodded with rocky5 1.1.8. I use the default softmod dash as I prefer its plain style, and was not able to find a setting for path for games but I did find one for skins. I'm ok putting everything in games, I just expected it would recognize any game xbe on the entire drive not just in one path.

It would take forever to scan every folder to find all of the default.xbe files on the hard drive.  And, which menu should it add them too: Games, Emulators, Applications, Homebrew.  Some user configuration is required to either edit the config.xml file or place the applications in the correct locations for them to be found.

UnleashX only scans one level below each path entered in the <List></List> entries of config.xml.

For example, you cannot place a game in F:\Games\FPS\Halo\ with the default configuration that only scans [E, F, G]:\Games. 

You'd have to add a path to the games menu <List Item="Games"...> </List> of paths 

<Path>F:\Games\FPS\</Path>

or add a new submenu <List></List> inside of the current one for Games:

<List Text="Games - FPS" Sort="On" DelayLoad="True">
    </List>

14 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

It would take forever to scan every folder to find all of the default.xbe files on the hard drive.  And, which menu should it add them too: Games, Emulators, Applications, Homebrew.  Some user configuration is required to either edit the config.xml file or place the applications in the correct locations for them to be found.

UnleashX only scans one level below each path entered in the <List></List> entries of config.xml.

For example, you cannot place a game in F:\Games\FPS\Halo\ with the default configuration that only scans [E, F, G]:\Games. 

You'd have to add a path to the games menu <List Item="Games"...> </List> of paths 

or add a new submenu <List></List> inside of the current one for Games:

<List Text="Games - FPS" Sort="On" DelayLoad="True">
    </List>

Thank you.