OGXbox.com

Xbox Series X controller on OGX360

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I don't know where to go.

My OGX360 is currently using an 8bitdo Wireless USB Adapter (see https://www.8bitdo.com/usb-adapter-ps1-classic) to connect with an Xbox One controller.

I tried to sync an Xbox Series X controller with it, but it failed to pair.

Since this could be a limitation of the 8bitdo adapter, would my Xbox Series X controller successfully pair if I switch to the official Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter?

Thank you.

It's already on the latest firmware :P

I have contacted their support earlier today, hopefully I get a response from them

Was hoping if other members of the forum have experience with the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter

Not sure what's the difference between the One and Series controllers, thought they were essentially the same :(

8bitdo support confirmed their current USB Wireless Adapters are not compatible with Xbox Series S|X controllers because of the switch to Bluetooth Low Energy, instead of normal traditional Bluetooth.

So this is a hardware limitation ☹️

So the next question is, is the Microsoft Wireless Adapter (https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/controllers/xbox-wireless-controller-adapter-win10) compatible with the OGX360?

• 1 month later...

The wireless adapter you linked to is not compatible with Ogx360. The Xbox 360 wireless receiver is, but not the newer Xbox One adapter (generically named "Wireless Adapter"). Hopefully support will get added someday because buying multiple 8bitdo adapters and a USB hub is kind of expensive if you want to run multiple Xbox controllers.

I'm surprised to hear that Series X|S controllers aren't compatible with 8bitdo adapters. That's unfortunate.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By adam hunter
      hello guys i have an xbox with 80gb hard drive i have another 120gb hard drive my question is how i can replace it with the 80gb my xbox has Aladdin modchip  
    • By bulkchart32
      i have recently been playing xmen: legends on my hard modded xbox. this is the 1st time i have done this. i have played this game through many times and i have noticed a couple glitches that i have never seen before. this is the first time i have ever played it from the hdd on a hard modded xbox. this is also the 1st time i have ever played it through on a v1.4 xbox. most of the times in the past were on my v1.6 and once on a v1.0. both used the disc. so i'm not certain if it is that i am playing it for the 1st time from the hdd or that i'm playing from a v1.4 xbox for the 1st time. thoughts?
    • By rosentine
      Hi,
      i Was lucky enough and get free Xbox Classic. 
      Xbox was manufactured in 2003.
      During the disassembly i found out that console got modchip, could you help me determine which one modchip is it (see attached)? I did some digging and probably the chip that is installed is Aladdin, and it should start after holding power button for about 1s, but nothing happens after that, just MS Bios starting.
      I've checked if the wires are still soldered and they hold well. Also found out that there is a leak from capacitor - probably the what that is used to hold the clock. I found information that it can be removed.
      Please share yours knowledge with me ;)

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.