By Hector Hidalgo
So yeah guys I finally was able to build a composite cable out of another shitty chinese compenent cable. Now I got chimp to show on my screen, and I do everything right but I get this error:
Cannot allocate resources
And also other similar messages, what does this mean? Is my HDD incompatible, or is it something else?
Please guys, I really need some help now, and did I tell you I almost destroy my finger today (it is in bad shape though), the same finger I burned when making the component cable hahahhha, the same hand I also broke some years ago.
But please I need your advice guys!
Edit: Now I read and it says at one point "No controller found", even though I pressed A and it worked. I am using an original Xbox Japanese controller by the way. Mmm, I don't know what it is and I have done SO MUCH, and finally now... it just doesn't work...
By Hector Hidalgo
So guys, now finally after more than a month waiting, I finally got my Sata to IDE adapter. So, I am finally ready to clone my old HDD to the new one.
The problem now, is that when I start chimp, I get a black screen. Thing is, if anyone in the forum knows me, I am from Chile, and I converted my ONLY original composite cable and converted it into a very amazing Component cable, using an original 360 component cable.
So... I know that the problem Chimp gives me, is because I must use a composite cable. What do I do know?
I know there is a way to clone the Xbox HDD using Windows, but I cannot remember how to do that.
Cheers friends, and thank you.
Edit: Now that I think off, I do have 1 cheap component cable and the left over of my original composite. Is gonna be a pain in the ass, but anyone has a composite cable diagram?
So I will receive the components needed this week or the one after.
This is a hardmodded xbox and I will try to swap a 130 Gb to a 2To one.
Meanwhile I've been studying Chimp usage base on the latest video by Rocky5 but they are some things which are not clear to me.
- Is it better to use cable select or slave for the new hdd ?
- Cocky references a 4s period to swap ide cable from dvd to new hdd, is it a real thing ?
- Swapping cable before launching chimp right ?
- First option shown at 10'35 'Select from menu' shoudl be the first one FatX right ?
- Clone from master to slave with a 2TB slave : I want to have F and G both of 950Go size approximatively so I should choose (around 12'19) option 1 C & E and then on the following screen choose 4 'F and G split space evenly' or 5 'Custom F size, G gets the rest' ?
- As i am on hardmod or tsop do i need to lock the slave after as show near 16'43 or is it not necessary ? I am asking because I seem to remember that in the options of my system the current HDD is shown as not locked
Board Life Status
Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48