So I will receive the components needed this week or the one after.
This is a hardmodded xbox and I will try to swap a 130 Gb to a 2To one.
Meanwhile I've been studying Chimp usage base on the latest video by Rocky5 but they are some things which are not clear to me.
- Is it better to use cable select or slave for the new hdd ?
- Cocky references a 4s period to swap ide cable from dvd to new hdd, is it a real thing ?
- Swapping cable before launching chimp right ?
- First option shown at 10'35 'Select from menu' shoudl be the first one FatX right ?
- Clone from master to slave with a 2TB slave : I want to have F and G both of 950Go size approximatively so I should choose (around 12'19) option 1 C & E and then on the following screen choose 4 'F and G split space evenly' or 5 'Custom F size, G gets the rest' ?
- As i am on hardmod or tsop do i need to lock the slave after as show near 16'43 or is it not necessary ? I am asking because I seem to remember that in the options of my system the current HDD is shown as not locked
Would someone explain where to FTP Chimp 26812 to. I have watched all three video files and am still confused. I am having trouble understanding the accent. The E Partition folder has three files in it. 2 Folders name Chimp and XPB Table Writer and install instructions.. I take it I am supposed to put these files on the root of E Partition? But what about all the other stuff. Most of it looks unnecessary except maybe the Source File folder. Am I supposed to put it in a chimp folder in Applications? Tearing what little hair i have left out. Thanks
So I am very new to the xbox modding scene and I bought all the stuff that is required to softmod my v1.6 xbox and I have been pretty successful thus far but I have ran into a brick wall. I bought a 250gb hard drive that will replace the previous hard drive and I and going through all the instructions on how to clone via chimp. Well I open up my chimp and it says it cannot lock my hard drive I have no idea if I can fix this or not and I havent been able to find anything online that has helped me with this. It also doesnt help that I really dont understand how alot of this works I am just following instructions if someone could please help me with this I would be greatly appreciated I can provide any information that you need.