Sign in to follow this  
GoTeamScotch

XBox Development Kit (Dvt4) Pcb Photos

I recently acquired a Development Kit (DVT4) and decided to take some high-quality photos of the daughter boards from this console. They're pretty rare and obscure and I wanted to take some good photos for preservation's sake. I'm going to get a Raptor PCI card soon, so I'll add photos of that too later.

More info-
These boards were in development kits and consisted of two parts:

• DVD emulation board.
    • When paired with a Please login or register to see this link. installed into a computer, it allows a developer to master a game disc before sending a final copy to Microsoft for review, and later into production. This allowed them to test loading scenarios and figure out where certain files for the game should be physically located on a disc in order to reduce load times. When loading a level for a game, for example, all the files needed for that level could be grouped together on the disc to reduce the amount of skipping around the laser needed to do, which decreases load times.
    • There is also a USB port on this card. While it uses a USB connector, it's actually a JVS port. This was used for hooking up arcade sticks and special components built for Please login or register to see this link. , which is based on the Xbox's motherboard.
  • Serial debugging port
    • This allows a developer to get debugging information from the Xbox to see how their code is behaving on real hardware. When writing software, it's useful to see technical info about when and how a bug happens in order to fix it. This board connects to a PC's serial port to read diagnostic info from the console in real time.

More info: Please login or register to see this link.

Photos taken with a Canon 5D Mark iii, touched up in Lightroom.

Link to photo album (includes high-res copies of the photos below): Please login or register to see this link.

VNFxuyal.jpg

GvZmSnpl.jpg

QxdSg1Bl.jpg

UflnbFtl.jpg

1lAV1o2l.jpg

OZqxKyHl.jpg

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By enter name here
      hi all new here and new to thee xbox modding, i have a tosp modded og xbox i wont to check the heath of my drive as ive noiced sum saves are not loading i have a 500GB segate sata drive in it i wont to make sure the drive is ok and it's not just a curuped file ?
    • By tjd2
      So i tried to upgrade my 1.1 xbox to 128mb.
      I installed the first chip successfully and xblastOS flashed to TSOP said "Success". Then i attempted to install second chip on bottom side, but xbox started fragging. I fixed up some shorts i found, but it still fragged. Then i measured according to datasheet, that power to RAM is shorted to ground. The shorted pins most likely were: 66 and 65. However it's possible, that i used the chip pinout wrongly and i measured short between VDD and VDDQ, which should be fine.
      Even after fixing the shorts, it still fragged. After (destructively, but fortunately without ripping any trace) removing the both installed chips, it still does very weird frag. Basically the LED lights up only for short while and then turns off. Xbox's fan runs for a while and then it reboots. This gets repeated indefinitely, but rarely you get normal FRAG and xbox stays on. I measured 2.65V going to the VDDQ pin and the RAM power rail or any of the main power rails are NOT shorted now.
      ANyone knows if i can fix it? All my other xboxes are either fragging (i have 1.0 i got fragging, but it might be TSOP issue as there are no signs of tracerot, no leaking caps and apparently TSOP might naturally degrade now, so i ordered modchip and will try to install it) or they are 1.6, which suck
      Here is reference image how i installed one of the chips, that worked well (the first one). I guess it was pretty good: Please login or register to see this link. . The residue is either flux or denaturated ethanol i used to clean it up.
      VIDEO: 

• By Wingman
      Hello everyone, my name is Vitalij and I am from latvia ! 
      I have two xbox v1.1 and v1.6  in 1.1 dump of something (red-green light), but fully working power supply and 1.6 working, but the mosfet burned out in the power supply.
      Is it possible to make a 1.1 to 1.6 PSU, can there be a complete manual or something? I found a guide showing how to make from 1.1 to 1.2-1.5, but as I understand it, this does not work for me.
      Could you please help with this?
      Please login or register to see this code. Please login or register to see this attachment.
      Please login or register to see this attachment.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.