Sign in to follow this  
Rochdaleguy

What Version XBox?

I just received an Xbox I bought from eBay really cheap which I was planning to use as spares.

ive just cracked it open, and wow. So clean. Hardly any dust, no pitting of steel, Capacitor leaks (I’ll still remove clock anyways).

i May even switch my main drive etc over to this one and softmod it

Is this a 1.2? Date on sticker says 2003-08-15.

Shame it’s a Thompson drive, but it still works.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

If this chip has Focus printed on it then it's a version 1.4 

D72F228A-71BD-4F49-97B1-EFB7F5760013.thumb.jpeg.3b90dcdf119251ee7d08c8deff3b87a7.jpeg.9a459bcc429688cf5ff3dcc4b667206e.jpeg

The version 1.2 -1.4 of Xbox is slightly easier to TSOP flash as the 2 solder links are located  on the to side of the PCB circled in yellow.

1109807626_68532091_IMG_20200612_1846051(Copia).thumb.jpg.271546802245932f2fc85ccd03cd5743(1).jpg.1acbbd4bd49978331740bf662a8c19eb.jpg 

With the version 1.2 -1.4 board I would use the IND 5004.67.bin BIOS as it's a 256kb TSOP chip and the BIOS is one that will support  a 2tb hard drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 hour ago, Ging3rguy said:

Or the elusive 1.5.

Although the date of manufacturing would be within the 1.5 version release. I thought there was no way to visually tell if one is a 1.5

arent they rare?

Edited by Rochdaleguy
Corrected digit

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By bulkchart32
      i've had issue with filezilla so what's a better one?
    • By Icarium
      Quick question I am finding difficult to search online.
      Like most, I mainly play games directly from the hard drive, but do occasionally like to play my games on disc. I am wondering if there is an application out there that gives you the option of disabling the dvd drive on startup?
      I want to keep my dvd drive alive for as long as possible, and I cringe everytime I boot the Xbox and the laser searches for a disc that isn't there. It seems I am just degrading the lifetime of the drive that way. If I can disable the drive when I am not using it, I bet I would be able to squeeze more life out of it.
      Thanks!
    • By iambaet
      hi! so i used to have another xbox that had a different unleash x dashboard. it had things in a different order and could go to the old MS dashboard. but my new xbox does not have that. i have looked in my files but dont see any xboxdash.xbe. is there a file i can download and ftp to get that to work? also if thats not how it works do i need to find the unleash x dashbaord 37 file? if thats the case i cant find the file anywhere. let me know if you have a fix ty!

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.