s4lem0nsen

Aladdin Advance Question

Hi there!

Got a crystal Xbox for my son and it was already modded with the Aladdin advance chip. As this was done in 2005 it’s soldered in such a way that you can change boot from chip to onboard. This is causing problems when using a HDD without ms dashboard installed. 

My question is if I can desolder the extra wires on the picture and ground the bt as well as shorting the Lframe like you would with a new plus install?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Disconnect the 2 wires (BT and L1) the front of the PCB and leave the D0 wire alone then ground the BT on the mod chip

The linking BT to ground makes the chip always active.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 2

You don't need to do anything with D0 leave it as is (LFRAME).

Disconnect the wire from the BT pad on the modchip as well as the other end by the front panel connector.  Add a new short wire to connect the BT pad on the modchip to ground (pin 2) of the quick solder section - the pad closest to the LCD contrast potentiometer.spacer.png

• Like 1

The modchip you have supports connection to an character-based LCD module. 

It uses the Lattice LC4064V CPLD (Complex Programmable Logic Device) instead of the LC4032V CPLD which has half the programmable macrocells - 32 vs 64.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Listai
      Please login or register to see this link.
      Hi everyone
      Yesterday I ran into an issue with my install - I have a 1.6 Xbox so I picked up an Aladdin XT and a rebuild board to make the job easier. Should be easy right? - apparently not as I stuffed it up. Basically I made the mistake of following a video where the rebuild board had a much larger space around the pins which allowed for quite a bit of solder to be flowed onto them - I followed those instructions and when I went to put my board on it didn't sit flush. So for whatever reason I decided to solder it in and see what happened.
      Naturally, it didn't work so I with armed with a lot of patience and a desoldering wick I managed to remove it without destroying any pads or traces - but I have another problem. I didn't remove the unnecessary pin headers for my 1.6 - will the chip still work? and do I need to solder all of the pins to the rebuild board (I'm confused about the plating corresponding to each of the pins) as I'm not sure if I can remove them as you can see from the image the solder has gone directly into the through hole and I don't have the means of removing it.
      Sorry if this is stupid but I barely managed to get the header off of the board (thankfully I ordered extras) I don't want to have to desolder another one of these.
      Thanks!
    • By madmon
      Hey guys,
      Due to the current situation in the world I have decided to finally install my mod chip. I do have a few questions regarding the install. I have read many guides and watched several videos on how to install these chip(aladdin xt plus2) and I rather not cut the trace on the motherboard. I found this video and I do like the idea of having the chip not light up while the xbox is off and not cutting the trace, Now that being said I know the internet is filled with people who find ways to do things differently but are not the right way to do them(I am not bad mouthing this gentleman) . Now my questions are
      1- will installing the chip this way damage my xbox(short/Long term)
      2-Is there any guides that you know of that are better(please link if possible)
      3-is it possible to have the chip setup/installs so I can still boot into ms dash.(I read it is possible to set it up so a long power press will start the chip)
      I do not plan to use a lpc rebuild, I can just do it with wire. 
      Thanks in advance 

• By HDShadow
      Not done a chip install before but decided to take the plunge and have just received an Aladdin XT PLUS2 including pin-header.
      Thing is I have two options: install on a v1.0 or a v1.6.
      I've started by bridging the BT to adjacent GND point so when fitted the chip will be always be on. A bit fiddly and I overcooked the solder on one end but it looks clean enough.
      The question is what to do now: there are plenty of guides for the the v1.6 but that involves rebuilding the LPC which with my soldering skills I'm not 100% confident about. There is also contradictory information about the pin-header set up too. Some guides remove just one pin others like Please login or register to see this link. very clear YT guide recommends removing four pins.
      The v1.6 LPC hassle made me tend towards using the v1.0 instead but the guides I've found for that are limited and seem unclear in comparison. Nothing at all about using the pin header, if there are any differences, and the pins that need removing or even what needs to be connected to what. Available pictures are particular poor. It also appears that to use the pin header I'm going to have to remove the existing solder from the LPC holes too.
      Is the info in the v1.6 YT tutorial about using 5v from the right transistor leg to make the LED only switch on when the Xbox is powered up applicable to the v1.0?
      Advice/info please. 

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.