Sign in to follow this  
NikoAE86

Question About X-Changer Modchip

Hi everyone I just have bought an Xbox with this modchip but I´m a little bit confused about what can I do with this modchip.Is there any modified dashboard or I have to install it myself?what are the functionalities of X-Changer? a little bit of help would be appreciate it

Any modchip holds at the minimum a modified BIOS that removes several of the security checks made by a stock BIOS.  Some modchips have their own OS that boots to allow the user to flash a BIOS to it, format a new hard drive making it ready to have files installed to it, FTP files to and from the Xbox's hard drive, backup the configuration EEPROM, etc., etc.

IIRC, the X-Changer requires its own Windows flashing software to write new BIOS(es) to the many banks it can boot from. Unlike other modchip, you cannot use the Xbox and Evoxdash or other LPC flashing programs to write a BIOS to it.

I'll gather together a few links to the Wayback Machine's captures of information on the X-Changer chip and post them soon.

Take a look at the all the information available through the Wayback Machine's captured content of teamxchanger.com's web site.  Some content may be missing but there's a lot of useful content available.

Please login or register to see this link.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By shadowfire36
      is there an alternate place to solder the d0 port than the chip ? im trying to do a hotswap to reflash my other chip
    • By Stingerrray
      Hi I recently installed and openxenium modchip chip. It is working flawlessly. I want to do two things with the Xbox. Number one I want it to play the library of Xbox games. Number to I want to make it an emulation box. Here are the problems I'm running into.
      1) when I try to install Rocky 5 XBMC emu station via FTP it locks up with just a few kilobytes left during the transfer. I have tried to build my own version and use the pre-built version.
      2) second thing is I want to replace the dash with a good dash and I'm looking for recommendations.
      3) is there any software that will rebuild a hard drive to bone stock? Or a listing of what would reside on the hard drive in a bone stock as new Manor?

Thanks in Advance,
      Rob
    • By Pasimys
      Hello,
      i change my hdd drive to bigger 1tb drive and after succesful cloning i tried to format the new drive with XBpartitioner 1.3 and it complained about "LBA48 info not found! etc..(pic bellow) i tried to flash new bios with hexen 2018 but then that complained about "flash not writeable". i wonderd that do i need to get somewhere the newest bios and put it directly to my modchip via usb cable. our am i missing some step in this setup?  
      Please login or register to see this attachment.
      Please login or register to see this attachment.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.