OGXbox.com

MuseLopes

Hi, everybody,

Well uh... 0k... i'm brazilian and my english isn't very...uh, i'll try my best. I realy need a hand here.

1st question:

Got this Xbox chipmodded. When I turn it on, I have to hold the button a bit longer to load the dash (I use xbmc) and then the "evox" icon appears and there it goes just fine. 

BUT, if i just quick press the button, it goes directly to that old MS original dashboard where none of my stuffs are recognized.

What I want is to load the xbmc in both ways, with the hold-pressin'-button-evox-icon-appearin' AND the quick-pressing-button.

I use to leave it this way, but it was a long time ago and I don't remember how. Somebody please help me.

2nd question:

Max Payne 2 freezes in the same point of the game right in the begginin' when that little guy in a uniform, guides Max throug a trap and then the game freezes soon as all the hell's gonna breaks loose. Love this game, but it's freezin' at this point and I try EVERY versions (ntsc or pal from a to z), delete cache, fix date, turn igr on and off... an it freezes at the SAME POINT... nothing works.

Ok. I can manage, I'll play on PC, graphics a lot better and got a 360 controller.

But then, the same thing happens to X-Men Legends, just in one of the first danger room. Freezes AT THE SAME FREAKIN' POINT!

Look all over forums and people with the same problem but find no one... got nothing.

Would somebody please enlighten me? I'm on my knees. Try everything I could to fix it and end up screw up my console what lead me to the 1st question on this post.

Thanks.

Don't think so, man. I use to do it in some simple way. Some kinda shortcut... i don't remember, but didn't have to open or connecting cables on hd. FTP maybe but realy don't remember.

For the game, well, I said i've got lotta versions that i downloaded, original dumps include from diferent regions. they all freezes in that same point.

The only way I know to make a Alladen chip to boot to the new dash is remove the BT wire from the front panel and ground it. That way the chip is always active.

You could take the wire off the front panel and put it under one of the screws on the mother board.

21 minutes ago, MuseLopes said:

Solved, man. The first problem. Sofftmodding Tool by Rocky5. = D

And now, those freakin' games still freezin'...

So you have a Xbox with a  mod chip and you soft modded it. I would still link the bt point to ground and set the chip allway's on .

What BIOS version are you booting?

The Aladdin modchip's Long Power Button press to activate it is a function of how that chip works.  You connect BT to the power button signal coming from the front panel to control if you boot the motherboard's BIOS (short tap) or modchip (>1second press) and on some versions disable write protection (>4 or 5 second power button press on startup).

Instead, solder BT to ground for always on mode.

spacer.png

Aladdin XT Always-ON Mod (Strap BT to GND)

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20160331200649/http://xbox.bula.nu/aladdin/xt/BTGround_resize.jpg

11 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

First question answer:

Ground the BT point on the Aladdin modchip. 

Second question, possible answer and more questions for you:

Sounds like you have a bad rip.  Are you running it from a download you obtained from the Internet or a rip from your own original game disc?

I have told him the same

On 9/30/2019 at 12:02 PM, SS_Dave said:

As for booting to XBMC all the time you will nead to move a wire to power or ground depending on the mod chip make

The game reezing at the same spot sounds like a damaged disk or file .

and again

On 10/4/2019 at 9:16 AM, SS_Dave said:

The only way I know to make a Alladen chip to boot to the new dash is remove the BT wire from the front panel and ground it. That way the chip is always active.

You could take the wire off the front panel and put it under one of the screws on the mother board.

I am not speaking English 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By SamRohod
      Hello everyone,
      I want to store my game collection in the most authentic way possible (matching Redump) but that takes a lot of storage. So, I did a little bit of research and now I have few questions (and few requests) that I hope someone could help me with.
      It seems to me that there are three main formats for storing a retail OG Xbox disc: (1) Redump ISO   (2) XISO  (3) Extracted files/Game Folder
      I did some testing with:
      Halo - Combat Evolved (USA) (Rev 2) {crc="013986d0"}
      JSRF - Jet Set Radio Future (USA) {crc="b2a882df"}
      Mortal Kombat - Deception (USA) {crc="007bcbcc"}

A
      -----------------
      In the Xemu documentation it is mentioned that you can create an emulator-compatible .iso file by using either of the commands:

-with dd:
      dd.exe if={redump_game_name}.iso of={output_game_name}.iso skip=387 bs=1M

-with extract-xiso:
      extract-xiso.exe -r {redump_game_name}.iso

But these two methods produce different .iso files. The one created with dd.exe is much bigger.
      A1- Are these two different forms of XISO or is the .iso file created with dd.exe just a trimming hack and not a proper XISO?
      A2- Is what is trimmed with dd.exe the same for every retail disc (meaning we can just keep one copy to rebuild every disc with it)?
      A3- What is the effect of using the two commands together?
      A4- In this post JayFoxRox says that we can separate the video and game partitions and recombine them later. Also he says that the video partition is the same for most retail games. Is that true? What games have special video partition? How to separate the two partitions and recombine them to give the original Redump CRC?
      If the video partition is the same for all/most games, that would mean that we can keep one copy of that partition to recreate the Redump ISO from any XISO file (saving a lot of space). The exception being the random padding that we need to find a way to recreate.

B
      -----------------

Extracting the files from a Redump ISO with with extract-xiso
      extract-xiso.exe -x {redump_game_name}.iso
      then generating a .iso with them
      extract-xiso.exe -c {Folder_with_all_the_files}

gives a .iso file with a different CRC32 to the .iso file that is created from
      extract-xiso.exe -r {redump_game_name}.iso

I tried to use IsoBuster 4.8 (free) on a Redump ISO. It worked for listing the LBA for the files and for extracting the game files.

IsoBuster always showed 4 partitions for the Redump ISOs:
      SEP13011042
      SEP13011042072
      VIDEO
      XBOX

and two partitions for the XISO created with extract-xiso:
      -        {it's just a dash}
      XBOX

The files didn't change (I extracted again and compared) but I noticed that the some LBA for the files is different. Maybe there is something else that is different as well?
      B1- Is there a program that can create/edit ISO files based on LBA information (maybe like PS3 ISO Rebuilder with IRD files)?
      B2- Does this mean that we need to create files like IRD files for the PS3 (Layout files?) to be able to recreate an XISO file from extracted files?
      B3- Anyone knows a program that can do that for XISO files? For Redump ISO files? (similar to Redump2IRD)

Note: I tried IsoBuster 4.7 and didn't work for me. In their release notes for 4.8 they mention {better XISO support}.

General Questions:
      1- Do you think we should start a database for the random blocks seeds using the tools in HERE? (even though we can't do it for all discs right now)
      2- Can anyone provide the attachments from this thread?
      3- Can anyone provide a compiled version of this program?
    • By Kevin G.
      Hey guys, new member...but not new to the scene. I have been a member over at XBMC4XBOX for years. I initially modded this box in 2010/2011-ish. I had run XBMC on it for my daughter for a number of years, with the help of the fine folks over at X4X, have updated it several times...added some SNES ROMS and had quite a bit of fun messing around with it and the scene. As it got to be a little longer in the tooth for HD streaming, and several devices that are smaller and much more powerful that can do much more, I packed it away.
      My son is now 15, and loves all things gaming. I would like to get this back up and running with more ROMS that he and his friends can enjoy. Several months ago, I updated the dash with Rocky5 1.17 disc, but could never get anything to boot off of it. I only got Rocky5's gray dash, and the downloader working. XBMC would boot to a red error screen, and XBMC Emustation/XBMC4Gamers would not do anything...no matter how much I tried. I posted over at XBMC4XBOX several times to get some help, but really received no answers. In the last few weeks I have found this site, and have been reading as much as I can.
      I got the box out today, and had forgotten that in a fit of desperation, I tried HEXEN 2018 to try to wipe the mod and start over. It still had UnleashX as the main dash, and booted right up to it. XBMC 3.5 was still in the E: folder, but still booted to the red printed error screen. When I tried to switch to it as a dashboard I couldn't get UnleashX back. I put HEXEN back in and ran through some tools and kept getting more errors. Just dug Rocky5 out again, and ran through the softmod updater. 
      It is a stock (other than the softmod) 1.4 that I believe was warranty repaired by Microsoft at one time. I purchased it from a friend at work, and it had previously been opened up, but no mods had been done. Booted fine to stock dash with all his game saves. I had done the original mod with the Replay card and 007 with Krayzie's, I believe. It worked great, and I was constantly reading and messing with updates and dashboard appearance for it when it was in my daughter's room.
      I would really like to clean this thing up. Rocky5 is now updated, and I installed the XBMC4Gamers, and booted to the dash...it worked! Now that I am a little more encouraged, I want to get this as clean as possible before adding ROMS, etc...
      I feel all of my attempts have left junk behind, and I want it gone...Is there a utility or anything that will get my softmod to a point that it has only what it needs to run? Then I can begin again. Like a "fresh install" or "refresh"? I have old XBMC builds, and who knows what else cluttering up the disk. Or possibly a folder structure diagram that I can follow, and clean up manually? I had incorrectly assumed that the softmod updater or HEXEN would wipe everything for me, but that was not the case. I've poured through both discs and have not seen anything like this in any menus.

Thanks in advance...love the site
      Kevin
    • By Daefledar
      I have this 1.4 Xbox that I've been tinkering with trying to being it back to life.  I have plenty of other MBs so this has been more of a journey project more than the need to have a working board.
      The board initially would flash red.
      I took out the eeprom and it wouldn't read stable.  I replaced it with a new chip and flashed it with a few different images finally settling on an image of another 1.4 that works.
      It now boots to a black image with a solid green light no fraging.
      So I ripped out the tsop and it also is awful, it has a few hundred unstable bits.  So I decided to just install a modchip.  Installed an openxenium and was able to boot into xeniumos!  There was horrible diagonal lines that looked like interferance that would progressively get worse until there was major graphical glitches.  I saw power issues could cause problems so I replaced the power caps below the CPU.  Problem persisted.  Replaced the powersupply, everything looks clean. 
      Flashed M8+ onto the Modchip go to load it and the screen goes blank.  
      Any ideas for things to try would be appreciated.

Thank you

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.